I've been doing some reading and I've concluded that I could very well be in the early stages of what is considered to be a "sociopath". I seem to lie compulsively without thinking and doing it easily and I'm very keen to manipulate others to further myself. It's like I don't really feel any real emotion toward people except for anger and I can't make a genuine connection. I seem to be sometimes really sexually driven for no reason at all, then it goes away. I feel I can confide here on the internet because of security and no fear of being condemned to an institution, so I turn to you and ask, what should I do? I obviously don't feel comfortable with going to an actual doctor to talk because I think I may be damning myself. So I appriciate any advice.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
How do I know you're not lying to me?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Shame on you!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by frankv
I'm sorry, but what else than a psychiatrist could help you in your situation?

People on the internet telling him that he's experiencing something that lies between puberty and just being a bastard, and that self-diagnosing is stupid so he should probably see a professional psy- Oh yeah I see what you mean.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by offspring_punk
I've been doing some reading and I've concluded that I could very well be in the early stages of what is considered to be a "sociopath". I seem to lie compulsively without thinking and doing it easily and I'm very keen to manipulate others to further myself. It's like I don't really feel any real emotion toward people except for anger and I can't make a genuine connection. I seem to be sometimes really sexually driven for no reason at all, then it goes away. I feel I can confide here on the internet because of security and no fear of being condemned to an institution, so I turn to you and ask, what should I do? I obviously don't feel comfortable with going to an actual doctor to talk because I think I may be damning myself. So I appriciate any advice.

I believe you have the choice.

I hope you figure out how to exercise it.
it'll all become better when you leave adolecence. if it doesn't turn out that way you should become a door-to-door salesman:-)
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Yeah, I guess that would make sense you'd think I'm lying since I said I lie compulsively, but wouldn't it have to be the truth that I lie compulsively in order for you to think I'm a liar now, therefore actually showing I'm being honest here? Or is that just a paradox. And no, I'm not going through puberty, I'm 20 years old and just trying to see if I can salvage something without having to get serious help or before I'm just ****ed.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Patrick Bateman came out ok.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by offspring_punk

Woah you're like one of my old friends, except he won't admit it, has been it his whole life, and the horniness forces him to hump chairs randomly sometimes.

I don't really have any advice, just try to be nice to people if you can. That old friend I had sucked everyone in by acting awesome but then we realized he was a douche and abandoned him... Now he's sucking a new group of people in.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
as it has been said many a time, The Pit™ is NOT a doctor. Go and see a doctor.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Dangerous stuff this thinking lark.
The less you get the better my good fellow.
ok, actaully taking it seriously, when one begins taking a psychology course or doing reading, whatever it is you're doing, they begin to identify with symptoms of problems they see in certain diseases..chances are you're probably not a soiciopath..you may have chracteristics of a sociopath, but you're probably not.. i just took a few courses in psychology and the same thing began happening to me..but, don't take my word for it..if you really wanna take this seriously go talk to a doctor
"Spin round carosel when your horse isn't screwed in."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Indiana Scout Acoustic Guitar
Fender 25 Frontman Amp

Quote by kurt_cobain9
mayan civilization= destroyed. Shows how well they predicted their end doesn't it?
I am currently an Intensive Care nurse but spent several months working in a psychiatric unit for the experience. What I observe simply from your comments and nothing else is that you are not anywhere near being a sociopath.

A sociopath or an antisocial personality as it is now called does display some of the traits that you have listed; manipulation of others, excessive desire for pleasurable activities, gain at the expense of others etc... However, an antisocial person generally does not recognize that their actions truly hurt another person or simply do not care. These are the people that would steal their parents money and than ask them for more money and when questioned about they would feel little to no remorse.

By admitting this to other people and recognizing that this may be a problem it tells me that you may have a personality disorder but I would not classify it as antisocial or sociopath yet. You mention that you did not want to talk to a doctor but I urge you to talk to your family and together make a decision whether or not you should seek professional help. Doctors are there to help people and they gain nothing by locking you away. They will act in your best interest. Oh and to further alleviate your concerns of being "locked away" know this...

A person will only be restrained or held against there will in the event that they can be proven to be a danger to themselves or others by a court. If you are not suicidal or do not plan to harm another person or creature they will not hold you. If you are thinking about either of these please call your local suicide hotline.

Please consider what I have said,
Jordan Stanton
If you really are a sociopath you need to seek professional help. No shortcuts or cheap internet solutions for this one pal. You have an extremely negative attitude toward mental health workers when you have no reason to. If you are as messed up as you are concerned to be, go to a head doctor. That's what you need to "salvage" yourself. There is no shame in that.