ok i used the search bar and i cant find the gt 8 thread so ill just make a quick one.

i have an guitar head right? so when doing the settings on the boss gt 8should i leave the amps EQ (bass. trebble mids etc..) at 5?
o flat at 0
or what?
i have no idea
if its better to fiddle with both the gt 8 and the amp or just choose one and roll with it
thank you all.
ALSO
anyone got any info on how the change the battery? i dont care aoutloosing the patches i only carethat this thing starts working right
Last edited by pebbles123 at Nov 17, 2008,
I think you should find good settings on your amp, then find good settings on the GT-8 and make them work together!
You could leave the EQ at about half on the amp. Definitely not at 0 though, that'd be a bad idea.

Depending how you've got your GT8 plugged into the amp, chances are your amps EQ will have a pretty drastic effect on your overall sound. So the best idea is to find a good EQ from the amp without the GT8 even plugged in, and use that. Or you could use your amps EQ to fine tune your sound.
Quote by icronic
You could leave the EQ at about half on the amp. Definitely not at 0 though, that'd be a bad idea.

Depending how you've got your GT8 plugged into the amp, chances are your amps EQ will have a pretty drastic effect on your overall sound. So the best idea is to find a good EQ from the amp without the GT8 even plugged in, and use that. Or you could use your amps EQ to fine tune your sound.

bad idea? why?
umm also anyone know how to change the battery : (?
Quote by GNRjungle87
I think you should find good settings on your amp, then find good settings on the GT-8 and make them work together!

sounds like a godd idea
any thought on the battery?
Quote by pebbles123
sounds like a godd idea
any thought on the battery?

Nope, sorry, I'm not sure. Should say in the manual, which you could probably find somewhere online.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Nope, sorry, I'm not sure. Should say in the manual, which you could probably find somewhere online.

manual says to take ti in to a shop
i live in mexico
THERE ARE NO SHOPS
and im pretty sure changin the battery is an easy repair
anyone know anything bout it?
i shall bump thee
xD
PLEASE help i know its not in the rules bump so fast and i could just do a 'reply' on a comment but cmon lets cut the ubl**** i need help
:P
is youre gt8 new?
why dont you call boss directly?
or can you just buy the adapter?

if none of these work, just try doing it yourself.
what kind of battery does it run off of
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by pebbles123
bad idea? why?
umm also anyone know how to change the battery : (?

because you would be cutting out most of the bass mid and treble at the amps eq and it would prob sound a bit strange and lifeless.... plus youll only have to boost them again in the gt's eq, which is really counter intuitive... dont you think????
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Quote by roarinflames
is youre gt8 new?
why dont you call boss directly?
or can you just buy the adapter?

if none of these work, just try doing it yourself.
what kind of battery does it run off of

no not new.
i tried no answer from them.
yeah it has an adapter this battery works for like the memory inside.... without it i cant save any patches
it works
BUT none of my presets get saved if i turn it off.
no idea whatbaterry i dont even know where it is, that why i need help
xD
thanks1
how sure are you that its a battery issue then
cause it sounds like yours is just malfunctioning
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by roarinflames
how sure are you that its a battery issue then
cause it sounds like yours is just malfunctioning

it says low battery xD
and in the msanual says to take it to a shop...
idc about loosing presets
i just want new battery
noone knows?
i have a quick question about the gt8. can u hook the gt8 up to a computer for recording.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by synestershadows
i have a quick question about the gt8. can u hook the gt8 up to a computer for recording.

yes mate!
pebbles, your boss gt is basically a computer. Computers also have a a battery in them to keep the clock working. When your battery goes on your computer, you just open it up and change the batt. Its like a watch battery but the size of a 10 pence piece (med size coin). Its usually held in a small metal sleeve on the motherboard.

this is only a guess, but I reckon if you open up your boss gt, and have a look round the motherboard, chances are you will see a battery like I have just described. Go have a look. If you see one, take it out and find out the code for it (will be written on it) and then just order a new one online.

regards

G
Quote by hippyheaven1
pebbles, your boss gt is basically a computer. Computers also have a a battery in them to keep the clock working. When your battery goes on your computer, you just open it up and change the batt. Its like a watch battery but the size of a 10 pence piece (med size coin). Its usually held in a small metal sleeve on the motherboard.

G

LOL explains the price...
x3
yes im goin to do that tomorrow.(i dont have the tool that opens it)
andd ill be cheking allof that...
i didnt want to do it by myself until i checked if someone knew something.
Quote by pebbles123
LOL explains the price...
x3
yes im goin to do that tomorrow.(i dont have the tool that opens it)
andd ill be cheking allof that...
i didnt want to do it by myself until i checked if someone knew something.

I hope you get it sussed fella ;-)