yesterday my band went to a recording artists house to record a track. ive known this guy for a long time, he used to be a teacher at my old school. his price for 1 song, about 4 hours is 80 bucks. this seems a little pricey to me but im not about to argue because i live in the woods. we get there and record, burn it to a disk. we go test the cd out in his car, when i notice like 8 huge plants of marijuana in the garage. he gave me some, just smoked it, but do you think $80 is a bit much for a song?

exclude the marijuana...

tl;dr: $80 a song good price?
* gypped
GEAR

VOX AC15 / AC4
Fender MIM Sunburst Strat
epiphone les paul custom in white
Yamaha FG730s
The Tweak-O fuzz pedal
It's Gypped, not Jipped.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by mju4t
* gypped

This.

and gypped is a negative racial slur. Gypped...gypsy...then again, gypsy is a racial slur in itself. Saying you got gypped is like saying you got Jewed/kiked.

That's not a bad price for studio time. A friend of mine got a deal on recording a full LP and his band was charged $7,000. So, don't feel like you're getting screwed. Studio time is expensive.
it takes you four hours to record a song??

me and my band would practice for days before we went into a studio(my friends basement)

and we could get a good recording in about 30 mins to an hour
Normally recording is like $100 an hour, at least around here

Though I know a guy that only charges $15 an hour, pretty good quality too, especially for the price
Quote by skeptopotamus
and gypped is a negative racial slur.

It's ok, ts is bringing it back.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by JessMess
it takes you four hours to record a song??

me and my band would practice for days before we went into a studio(my friends basement)

and we could get a good recording in about 30 mins to an hour

I bet it's not as good as it would have been if you spent 4 hours on it.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Jewed is an appropriate verb here.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Quote by Putrefaction
Normally recording is like $100 an hour, at least around here

Though I know a guy that only charges $15 an hour, pretty good quality too, especially for the price

WHERE?!
A guy somewhere near where I live charges $50 for the first song then $100 a song after that.
haha you got some dank homegrown for free, thats nothing to complain about =]]

you should rehearse as much as possible so that when you go into the studio, your band can lay down tracks quickly, that should cut down on cost...and $80 a song isnt expensive anyways, compared to what professional studios would be
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by skeptopotamus
WHERE?!

Forsythe records in Pensacola FL nice little obscure studio, not high end kind of quality, but DEFINANTLY worth the money
Last edited by Putrefaction at Nov 17, 2008,
what did the weed have to do with the story?
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
tis a reasonable price. but 4 hours for one song is a long time, or is all the mixing done in that time too???
$80 is cheap.

edit: I don't understand why people think four hours is a long time. Songs generally take several hours to be finished.
thats cheaper than any of the places around here.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER