I know... an unorthodox request but....

Anyone know a good noise gate for bass...

all the sliding and wizzy burly noises my amp puts out annoy the hell out of me...
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
I don't think it makes any difference whether you use a noise gate specifically for bass. Hell, I don't even know whether there are noise gates that are specifically for bass. Check out the boss NS-2 (I think that's what it's called) if you can.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
A noise gate is a noise gate is a noise gate.

And the ISP Decimator has been called the greatest noise gate ever made.

BOSS makes a crummy tuner and a crummy noise gate, yet everyone talks about them.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz

And the ISP Decimator has been called the greatest noise gate ever made.

Drawmer probably make the best noise gates, but they are pro studio level. For a guitar rig i would go decimator rackmount, or for bedroom use get the pedal version. i've got the mxr smart gate which is also very good. depends on how much you have to spend my friend.
I can trade in a bass, an amp, and an pedal (about $175 combined). plus what ever follow up cash...
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.
Quote by GNR_Duff_rules
I know... an unorthodox request but....

Anyone know a good noise gate for bass...

all the sliding and wizzy burly noises my amp puts out annoy the hell out of me...

Active pickups might be a better option.
And then again, what if those noises are from your amp? If that's the case, a noise gate won't do a thing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I was just wondering were abouts would you put a noise gate. One before and after your effects or one just after you fx's or were do they go.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
depends. if it's noise from the pedals your using then at the end of the pedal chain. if it's from the preamp then in the fx loop.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I've got a question that'll probably help you out. I'm looking for a good noise suppressor, not a gate really, but a pedal that cuts noise down always, not just when I'm not playing. Any ideas on what I should be looking at?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I've got a question that'll probably help you out. I'm looking for a good noise suppressor, not a gate really, but a pedal that cuts noise down always, not just when I'm not playing. Any ideas on what I should be looking at?

I believe thats called a humbucker

And yeah, if your AMP is the one making noise, a noise gate/suppressor won't help. Perhaps check if your bass is shielded properly? If its not, that could reduce some of the hum.