Me and my friends are planning to attempt to do a live cover of Blood Sugar by Pendulum, and also maybe Voodoo People by The Prodigy. This would be simple if it weren't for the FX on the keyboard.

Does anyone have any idea how to create the same kinda sound that they use on the record? i.e. what mix of effects. Like, on Blood Sugar, there's a very slight vibrato and maybe a phaser, but not sure what else.

Any ideas?
Blood sugar was made before they became a ****ty rock band right?

So maybe it was made on a compooper like other electronic music.
Quote by DanRev

Yup. I saw of a video of how they made it I think. Search for it.
Quote by DanRev

are you in chat atm ?

Noisia are awesome
Synthesizers. You might be able to find out what one they used if you dig deep enough around the internet, if not you're gonna have to just recreate it.
SYNTHS:

2 or more waves, different shapes
Delay one or two of them, and add a slight pitch detune (very slight for both) and you will get a fat synth lead.

Rythm guitars, fat sub saw bass, normal bass, low in the mix synth pads that sweep over the chorus where even more guitar kicks in, and just generally thicken the mix as much as possible to add to the dynamics. I've covered this song myself so I think thats what its got AND:

Dont forget the orchestra hit along with a phat bass drum on the stabs that run all the way through the song.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Just been looking around, it seems that the thing to get is a microKORG, because it looks like both pendulum and prodigy used this.

Pretty much the reason I was asking is because I have one of those all-in-one FX pedals for guitar, and it has tremolo n vibrato n **** on it, and I was hoping someone would be able to help me putting the answer in terms of that...
Quote by Jmz123
Just been looking around, it seems that the thing to get is a microKORG, because it looks like both pendulum and prodigy used this.

Pretty much the reason I was asking is because I have one of those all-in-one FX pedals for guitar, and it has tremolo n vibrato n **** on it, and I was hoping someone would be able to help me putting the answer in terms of that...

Sorry

But really, you're not gonna be able to do it accurately with any ammount of effects pedals unless you have a midi pickup and a synthesizer.

You'll need a keyboard with customizable synth sounds, or a keyboard hooked up to a computer with synth software.
OK if you play the lead on guitar: thick fuzz, loads of chorus

And live pendulum use midi controllers wired up to huge synth software rigs, so thats kind of out of the question. The "Slight vibrato" is the clashing of the different wave shapes used on their synth.

EDIT: noisia actually are awesome though before anyone thinks you editied everyone else's qoutes
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Last edited by blues_to_thrash at Nov 17, 2008,