Hey, i want to play in a low tuning like Machine Head and Slipknot (Drop H/B or Drop A), and i just want to know what strings to use. I forgot what i currently use but i know they aren't thick enough. Please help
Drop H huh???

drop tunings you want at least 10 gauge, but I go with 11's

you better have a kick ass guitar if you are planning on tuning that low, and you want to sound good.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
Drop H huh???

drop tunings you want at least 10 gauge, but I go with 11's

you better have a kick ass guitar if you are planning on tuning that low, and you want to sound good.

Drop H = Drop B in german notation. Might be Bb, not sure.

But yeah 11's or 12's should do you well. You also might want to look into a seven-string, it's got an extra string already tuned to low B. You'd have to get used to a wider neck, though.
H is german notation for B

edit: s hit, you beat me to it
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Don't ever play in drop B or A on a guitar that is set up for standard. You need to either buy a baritone guitar, which is just a six string which is meant to be tuned that low, or buy a 7 string.

EDIT: Use 12's.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Unwritten rule of thumb is go up a gauge when you go down a whole step;
E = 9/10
D = 10/11
C = 11/12 and so on...

12s should be fine with B but I have no idea why you'd want to go that low. For the most part, alot of guitars can't handle being that low and having clarity, but if muddy is your game (you did mention Machinehead and Slipknot) then you have nothing to worry about.
*shrugs* I don't know...