I know ppl post these threads all the time, but everyone has different stuff they're looking for, so any advice would be appreciated. Right now i've had a Squier Strat & cheap Fender amp for about a year, and i'm planning on getting a new electric guitar over the winter break, as well as a new amp. With amps, i'm either getting a Line 6 or Marshall. I'm having a really hard time deciding which guitar to get. I'm looking to spend around $500, though i'll go a hundred or two higher if its really good... The main brands i'm considering are Ibanez, Schecter, and ESP... Although i was in Sam Ash this past weekend and the Jacksons & Deans look pretty sweet too. I looked on the Guitar Center website today and couldn't find any ESPs but idk how they could not sell that brand.

Anyway... I play stuff from classic rock to modern metal... Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Metallica, Winger, Guns N Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium... When i get better i'll get into Vai & Satriani stuff as well... My favorite tone is probably the old Van Halen tone or Reb Beach's tone (Winger), but i'm looking for something that anything from classic rock to metal will sound good on. Which pickups are best for that range of sound? I plan on getting either EMGs, DiMarzios, or Seymour Duncans. Finally, i want something with a trem system that can go up and down, but not a Floyd Rose or other locking trem system... Can i get something like that for my price range or are they more of a custom type of thing?

I haven't really started trying out guitars yet... I know that's the best way to find exactly what i want. But i have so many options i'm just looking to narrow them down based on the kind of stuff i play & the sound i'm looking for.
Which Line 6 and Marshall are you looking at?
I'm presuming Spider III, MG/AVT...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by VanMaidenFan88
I know ppl post these threads all the time, but

I'm going to post another one anyway becuase I'm the sh*t.

Why would you start your thread out that way, then ask the same question over again?

Use the search bar at the top. I just told someone else the same thing who asked a question IDENTICAL to yours not five minutes ago.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Chrisiphone
Which Line 6 and Marshall are you looking at?
I'm presuming Spider III, MG/AVT...

Yes, most likely.
Quote by VanMaidenFan88
Yes, most likely.

Without going into detail...
Get none of them, (see searchbar for details).
Do you have a budget for your amp? We can help you get something a lot better for your money.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Ok

There are some nice ESP's you can look into for your price range

check out the ESP LTD EC-400VF Electric Guitar and the ESP LTD EC-500 Electric Guitar with EMG Pickups

Schecter are nice as well but for your money ur better of with one of those two esp.

When u say marshall or line 6
i feel like your just name dropping things you heard were good.
I dont wanna insult u but theres a slew of other amps out there that are amazing.

Are u looking to play in a band?
are u looking at tube or solid state, have you thought of hybrid amps?
Quote by ThreeB's
Ok

There are some nice ESP's you can look into for your price range

check out the ESP LTD EC-400VF Electric Guitar and the ESP LTD EC-500 Electric Guitar with EMG Pickups

Schecter are nice as well but for your money ur better of with one of those two esp.

When u say marshall or line 6
i feel like your just name dropping things you heard were good.
I dont wanna insult u but theres a slew of other amps out there that are amazing.

Are u looking to play in a band?
are u looking at tube or solid state, have you thought of hybrid amps?

Well my friend has the older Line 6 Spider II and it sounded really good when i played on it over the summer. Im not in a band now... I've been playing just under 2 years and i dont feel like i'm ready yet, plus being in college i don't have much time... I may be in a band in the future. But i havent even thought about tube or solid state or hybrid amps... I dont even know what the difference is.
k, after reading that... I say get a roland microcube and a Schecter C-1 (FR, maybe?). Chances are, you're not going to get a great tremolo system without it being a locking trem in your price range (anyone can call me out on that if I'm wrong), and I'm suggesting that amp because you're only using it for practicing, and when you do get in a band, you might need a different amp anyway for the sound you need. Or, if you just want a simple vibrato bar (aka slight effect, no divebombs) then maybe a Fender Standard HSS Strat?
Quote by VanMaidenFan88
Well my friend has the older Line 6 Spider II and it sounded really good when i played on it over the summer. Im not in a band now... I've been playing just under 2 years and i dont feel like i'm ready yet, plus being in college i don't have much time... I may be in a band in the future. But i havent even thought about tube or solid state or hybrid amps... I dont even know what the difference is.

Tube amps, are really cool and give u an array of different sounds,
Solid state amps are what u played the line 6 spyder II.
The line 6 is good, i owned one. its good for learning.

If ur real particular about the sound u wanna get let me know what it is
and i can point u in a better direction