Poll: Is U2 considered Classic Rock?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is U2 considered Classic Rock?
Yes
1 9%
Maybe/Not Sure
2 18%
No
8 73%
Voters: 11.
Hello,

I am just wondering if and who considers U2 classic rock? A local poll I have recently seen was comparing classic rock bands and it seems they consider U2 classic Rock? U2 was in turn being compared to Pink Floyd. Anyway I am not asking for a poll of who is better, or any negative comments against either band mentioned above, I am just asking if anyone thinks U2 should have been considered "classic rock"!?

Thanks
Last edited by F4R3W311 at Nov 17, 2008,
no i dont think they're classic rock i dont even consider them rock
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
no. period. i have like 7 albums from U2 so i know what i'm talking about... they make good music in different styles and with lots of variations and experiments, but they are no classic rock.
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
If they started before 1984 then they're considered classic rock by UG. Doesn't really "sound" like classic rock to me but meh.
According to UG, they are.

But there are plenty of other definitions of what "classic rock" is, so it can go either way I guess.
Hey, I'm Mike.
First studio album was 1980, so by the rules here in the Classic Rock forum, yes they are.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.