Hiya, I was just wondering if Jay Turser guitars are any good. Does anybody know if they are?
I have three JT guitars and IMHO they make a very good guitar for the money. I have the Warlord, JT Serpant (LP copy) and a Flying V. The Warlord and Serpent are all mahogany with set necks. Both of those have great tone and awesome sustain they feel and play great. The V is a bolt on but sounds pretty decent for a low end Gibson V copy. I wouldn't hesitate buying another JT I like the Fireburst SG copy. I played the one with the Bigsby type trem but didn't care for it I want the one with the stop tail piece and tuneomatic.
I bought one second hand, and repairs have cost more than what I originally paid. I'd take a chance and buy one new, but never second hand again.
Yea, I can't remember what model it was, but it was just a sunburst LP for $200.00, and it does the job for me. Worth the money imo
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I own a Jay Turser Les Paul copy. And i must say for a $300 Les Paul knock off it is godly. When I saw it in the store hanging on the wall i thought it looked damn sexy for a LP copy. On closer inspection when i found out it was neckthru construction, had mother of pearl inlays AND came with a hardshell case I creamed myself. I think it ****s all over Epiphone's high end LPs.

I also used to own a Jay Turser P bass copy. It was pretty good for a low end bass i must say.
Last edited by Pizza The Hut at Nov 17, 2008,
I own a Jay Turser bass and its pretty good. The LP knock offs ive played are great.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Ive played a bunch, most that i did play were garbage felt awful and went out of tune if you looked at them right. On the other hand i played one that was absolutely fantastic, maybe it had a proper set up. Either way if you want one make sure to try them and try to get the best one cause i do fine them hit or miss in my experience.
'62 reissue Mexican Fender Stratocaster.

Fender Blues Junior

Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Electro Harmonix NYC Big Muff
Ibanez TS9 tube screamer
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
Electro Harmonix Micro P.O.G
Ibanez DE7 Delay
i play a JT-LT/RW and I love it. If you want a lighter guitar this is definatly not the way to go though it is very heavy.
I have a JT-50(SG) It's Mahogany with a set neck, and it has awesome feel and sustain!! I would definitely recommend this for the money!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by johnro6659
I have three JT guitars and IMHO they make a very good guitar for the money. I have the Warlord, JT Serpant (LP copy) and a Flying V. The Warlord and Serpent are all mahogany with set necks. Both of those have great tone and awesome sustain they feel and play great. The V is a bolt on but sounds pretty decent for a low end Gibson V copy. I wouldn't hesitate buying another JT I like the Fireburst SG copy. I played the one with the Bigsby type trem but didn't care for it I want the one with the stop tail piece and tuneomatic.

they have one of those SGs at my local store. It looks really cool, but honestly i would never trust Jay Turser guitars as far as quality goes.