What's the main difference between the les paul plain top and plus top. Is the Ultra able to keep up with harder rock songs and finally which of the three is the best?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
the plain and plus are the same with the difference being the plus has a flamed maple (i'm pretty sure it's a veneer) top

the ultra keeps up fine with the harder rock in my opinion. I've really liked every ultra i've played, and i think it's the best les paul epiphone makes.

BUT, with the recent price hike of epiphone guitars, i don't think their worth what they're asking, with the standard plus being 650 and the ultra now 800..... I'd rather get an american fat strat...better guitar by miles in my opinion..

but if you want that les paul look, i'd go for the Ultra
Thanks when did epiphone prices go up?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
about a month or two ago if i remember right. local stores may still have their stock they haven't sold at the old prices.
Dont get one. Epi LP's were switched from being made in Japan with high quality to China with $hit QC and quality. I'd just get a Japanese made LTD Eclipse for twice the quality for the same price, along with more reliability and monster hardware.

^agreed with this post completley. LTD eclipse is by far one of the better les paul shaped guitars IMO. If you can get that guitar for a good price, then GET IT. That's probably the next guitar on my getting list