I've made a song like a year ago, And alot of people say it's a really great song, But they also say that it sounds like a nirvana song.
And other people say it doesn't.

So i want you're guy's opinion on it.

Does it sound like nirvana ?

It's the first song called: Jestercide http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/G-loony/

Please be honest, And not just state that is does look like nirvana or not but also if it's still good or anything.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
yeah, jestercide sounds alot like the nirvana song - smells like teen spirit

[edit:yeah, it is a great song tho]
Quote by Jackal58
That's the thing though. What can you do to a group of people that believe if they abandon their cause they will burn in hell?

yeah imma troll

whatcha gon do bout it?
seeing as you used the opening two chords from a nirvana song with the exact same rhythm, yes, yes it does sound a lot like nirvana, should call it plagervana.
No, that's not a Nirvana song. The reason it sounds familiar is because you used the same two chords from the beginning of smells like teen spirit in your riff. The drumming also does kind of remind of Dave Grohl's style, but that's not to say that it's the same. So basically, you don't have to worry about any lawyors pokin' your butthole any time soon.
IMAGINE.
Well its not that i'm afraid pf plagiarism i mean i'd just feed courtney some more heroine and she'd drop dead before the case ever is gonna happen <

Nah but it's just that it IS my story kind of and my way of writing and i dont want to look like somne kind of nirvana/lookalike
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Dude, totally sounds like teen spirit.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
i really like that song, that said i am on a Nirvana binge at the moment...
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Oh BTW the main Power Chords are: A# - F - C# - C (Not F-A#-G#-C#) Like SLTS...
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665