Hey, I know absolutely NOTHING about pedals, but oddly enough I need one. I just need a pedal that allows me to switch from distortion to a clean sound with my foot, is that a distortion pedal? My budget is around $150 MAX, and can pedals work with any type of amp? I have a Line 6 spider, and if you tell me to replace my amp i can't and well it works for my practicing. So ANY recommendations/help would be awesome!
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
boss distortion.. like 50 american bucks. the footswitch is like a on/off so u go from clean to disotorted (like on soothsayer) so yea
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
i play mostly punk rock/rock

and wouldnt buying a footswitch be pretty much the same?
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Get a line 6 footswitch. That amp HATES pedals... trust me, I used to own one. Buy an FBV2 footswitch or an FBV express.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by shpangler
Will that still work if I change amps? I don't want to sound arrogant but like if a distortion pedal can do the same, why not use that, or does it do the same as a footswitch?

your amp already has distortion built in....the footswitch is basicaly the same as the channel selector button on your amp. probably wont work on any other brand of amp.....but most higher watt amps come with the footswitch. A distortion pedal has its own distortion built into a stompbox so if you buy one you will have two different sounding distortions...one from your amp...and one from the distortion pedal....but from what I hear ....spiders+distortion pedal=crap sound
Quote by shpangler
i play mostly punk rock/rock

and wouldnt buying a footswitch be pretty much the same?

no it wouldn't. a foot switch simply changes the channel on your amp from clean to distortion to w/e, while a distotion pedal doesn't change the channel, but changes the sound of the guitar by adding its own distortion. the amp's distortion channel isn't involved when the distortion pedal is activated, unless you activate the distortion pedal while on the distortion setting on your amp...
Well yes a footswicht works for every amps
A distortion pedal creates the distorsion and footswitch only change the channel on your amp
I think someone needs to read the stickies...
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not