anyone know any good free amp software? i had amplitude 2 but the trial ran out and erm. I cant find a way to err... enhance the length of it... Anyway for pc. whats the best one out there?
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

burmp
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

For free you're not going to find a great deal in that kind of ballpark. There are a couple kicking around that you could try, I can't remember the name of the one someone posted a while back, but they're not going to be in the same league as Amplitube or Guitar Rig et al.
There is poetry in despair.
Dirthead is good for the high gain stuff.
the Aradaz amps are also good, just google them, as has been stated though, not as good as amplitube or revalver 3 or anything.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907257

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621075

check these out... havent used them but I was looking into it. I do have Dirthead and it's not bad to play around with.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Peavey Revalver III demo. Cant save but its worth downloading just to muck around with it.
Google a freeware plugin from Simulanalog. It's really pretty decent.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
The one I use the most is the free demo from Studio Devil - its a british custom valve amp. Obviously its only 1 amp so limited in what you can do, but I dig the sound it produces and you can get some variety by increasing/decreasing the gain.

The other one I use is Guitar Rig 3 demo. This one has a LOT of amp options which is cool. The only catch with the demo is that it turns itself off after 30 minutes of use (no big deal, just save your reaper file, close reaper, and re-open it and your back in business for another 30 mins), and it does not save your settings. So you have to setup which amps you want on your instruments each time you load reaper. Not a big deal if you're just using 1 or 2 guitars and vocals and going with the preset amps. If you're making crazy specific custom stuff up I guess it could be annoying, otherwise just write down somewhere what amp it was you used.

Another one I've tried but do not recommend is the Flying Haggis demo, it's pretty much useless because it hisses at random when its active so you can't mixdown (i dont think) without getting that effect in your file. And Amplitube 2 demo comes packaged with reaper... didn't think it ever expired but I havent used in ages.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack