and i have a few questions.
1) if i bring it to a body shop will they be able to strip it, paint it, and everything?
2) will they be able to do an intricate design?(i have an idea but it will look stupid if not done right)
3) and about how much should i expect the work to run me?

for those of you wondering what my idea is... well its a completley white background. there is a bullet hole in glass and blood splattered behind it. but i want the intricacy of cracked glass around the bullet hole.
Those all sound like details that vary from shop to shop; ask different shop about prices/art specialities, etc.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Quote by Vinnie9
Those all sound like details that vary from shop to shop; ask different shop about prices/art specialities, etc.

This, basically.
and any shop that you would trust giving your guitar to trick out should be able to strip and paint it (which would of course need to be done) IMO.
You would be better off taking it to a paint shop and asking them everything you just asked.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
uhuh Just give a detailed explanation, They ARE going to listen to you no matter how many details you give them cause, That's what they are there for, For custom paint.

A tattoo artist sometimes sits with his costumer for hours because the costumer wants it perfectly.

The problem is that they'd want it like this, Is because those kind of art are there for a very very long time mostly forever.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
try a tattoo artist, because alot of them have backgrounds in art and painting, they would do basically all the work. and they wouldn't cost allot
You will be charged by the hour to strip and prep the body, which could add up to more than you think.

Car paint shops, unless they are proper Custom shops, won't do you a good job, because they simply aren't used to it.

You will need the minimum of a multilayer template (if you can find one of the bullet hole in glass), if not lots of masking and air brush work.

I would search some of the airbrush forums for someone near you, check their work out and offer them the commission.

If you are expecting to get it done for nothing, forget it.

If you are able to strip and and seal, prime and top coat it yourself, without the lacquer, you will save money.

The last motor bike tank I did, had 10 hours of prep in it, before I laid the primer, which to you is about $350, before the paint job starts! Was a well sh!tty tank though!

If you can enlarge that and make it black and white, it may serve as a template.
Last edited by Skeet UK at Nov 17, 2008,
Epoxy a shot up plate of glass to front of your guitar, and explode a red pen on it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Blood splatters. Really? Not to sound like an ass but, that's pretty retarded/cliché.

Hey! Retards are allowed to play guitar too you know!!

Quote by LeviMan_2001
Blood splatters. Really? Not to sound like an ass but, that's pretty retarded/cliché.

well my goal isnt to make other people like it; i think it will look cool. whatever other people think doesnt matter, because it isnt their guitar. its supposed to represent me, not what other people want me to be.
Quote by IX_SiLeNc3r_XI
well my goal isnt to make other people like it; i think it will look cool. whatever other people think doesnt matter, because it isnt their guitar. its supposed to represent me, not what other people want me to be.

I agree with LeviMan, it wont look very good. Get a more original design or at least cool. BTW how does a piece of glass with a bullet hole and blood spatter represent you?
Quote by DuhSpesoBoyz
I agree with LeviMan, it wont look very good. Get a more original design or at least cool. BTW how does a piece of glass with a bullet hole and blood spatter represent you?

Yeah...
Were you a paned child?

^ puns...

What it will end up looking like is a ****ty guitar.

If I wanted a guitar to represent myslelf, I would stencil RAPIST on it. No one would like it, but it would be original.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.