I deleted a few pictures about a year ago and I really, really need them (no, they're not pr0n). I've used "FreeUndelete" but it can't find them. It's possible they've been written over but I want to try everything. What is my best option?
A year ago?

to late me.. you could boil your harddrive to make the platers expand a bit and you might be able to get the data back.. I doubt it though.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
You'll need one of these.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Last edited by wannabe jesus at Nov 17, 2008,
A year ago? I'm pretty sure the 'deleted' pictures' data has been overwritten. But for recently deleted files, search 'data recovery live cds'. If you have some knowledge with the linux command line, there are some pretty neat recovery discs available where you can make a complete copy of your hard drive and search for data fragments on that or even use a USB drive to copy the data on to that.
Quote by wannabe jesus
You'll need one of these.

haha Win. That's what you did here.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
it's probably been written over too many times, my a data recovery expert could do it but that would cost a ****load and there's a pretty good chance that it's permanently gone.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm