So I have the opportunity to buy a used mesa f-30. Now I've heard many great things about it and after watching some youtube vids, I love the tone too. Now I just have a couple questions that hopefully you guys can answer. Are there FX loops for these amps? Is there built in reverb? Can the 30w get loud enough for gigging situations? Is there an external speaker hookup? Are these things durable? What does the footswitch enable you to switch through?

I have already sent an email to the seller asking pretty much the same questions, but I'd just like to get as much info as possible.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
So I have the opportunity to buy a used mesa f-30. Now I've heard many great things about it and after watching some youtube vids, I love the tone too. Now I just have a couple questions that hopefully you guys can answer. Are there FX loops for these amps? Is there built in reverb? Can the 30w get loud enough for gigging situations? Is there an external speaker hookup? Are these things durable? What does the footswitch enable you to switch through?

I have already sent an email to the seller asking pretty much the same questions, but I'd just like to get as much info as possible.

Yes to all five questions.

The switch is Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 2 + contour.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The switch is Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 2 + contour.

What's the contour do? Is it just like a mid boost? Also has anyone tried this amp with a ts9 or ts9dx? If so, did it compliment the amp, did it tighten up the sound, was it good for a boost etc..
Gear:
Line6 UX2
The contour adds gain and boosts the bass and treble, makes the amp sound great for modern stuff.

I used an 808 to boost mine, but an eq makes a lot more difference in this amp since it's kind of bassy and lacks a presence control. If you don't have a nice eq to stick in the loop I'd invest in one of those first.

You can always crank the treble and mids for a boost since the eq is before the preamp it pretty much IS a boost
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by mrxtreme_4
What's the contour do? Is it just like a mid boost? Also has anyone tried this amp with a ts9 or ts9dx? If so, did it compliment the amp, did it tighten up the sound, was it good for a boost etc..

Usually contour is a mid scoop.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by mrxtreme_4

The contour changes the voicing of the midrange. It's much like an 'Old Guy/New Guy' knob in that when it's fully in one direction it will sound scooped and in the other it'll sound boosted.

In this case, it makes the amp scooped.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Kevin Saale

The contour adds gain and boosts the bass and treble, makes the amp sound great for modern stuff.

I used an 808 to boost mine, but an eq makes a lot more difference in this amp since it's kind of bassy and lacks a presence control. If you don't have a nice eq to stick in the loop I'd invest in one of those first.

You can always crank the treble and mids for a boost since the eq is before the preamp it pretty much IS a boost

Ok thanks for the contour info, I just asked about the ts9 because I have one lying around and I do plan on getting an mxr 10 band EQ in the near future.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
And one more thing...what kind of tubes does it take el34's or 6l6's?
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Quote by mrxtreme_4
And one more thing...what kind of tubes does it take el34's or 6l6's?

Neither, it runs on EL84s.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster