Page 1 of 231
Davey said it was cool to make one, so I did.

Well, the Pro Bowl being over means no more games till August (pre-season). But just because there are no more games don't mean the season is over. Off-season is full of surprises. So talk about Free Agency, draft, Training Camp, and other related news.

Detriot plans on tradeing Shaun Rogers and Roy Williams. Where do u think they'll go. Williams may stay, but they WILL get rid of Rogers one way or another, which sucks. I have no idea where they may end up. HUGE UPSET: Cleveland gave Derek Anderson a big extension, so looks like Brady Quinn will remained benched for some time unless Anderson is injured, starts to play too poorly (even if he plays bad, he is young, and may have a sophomore slump, so he could be given a break), or they trade Quinn. Now, Cleveland need Defensive lineman. This won't likely happen, but it would be a huge upset. Brady Quinn for Shaun Rogers.

Well, talk football.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Brady Quinn for Shaun Rogers.

Well, talk football.

That would be insane. The Lions had better not get rid of Roy Williams. He's the best player on that damn team.
<Han> I love Hitler
Being a Steelers man I gotta wonder on the future of Alan Fanecca. The Steelers offensive line is abysmal and Fanecca was all it had going but ehy won't pony up the cash to keep him. Has he announced where he is going?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
he hasnt announced yet but i dont know whether he is opting out of his contract or just wont resign either way unfortunately he is gone they need a o lineman in the first round
I hope Jim Zorn works out in Washington, but sadly, I'm not too sure that will happen.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
i dont know what is wrong with the skins on paper they seem like they would be really good but it never pans out for them and with the loss of taylor that just sucks i have heard they are gonna go after bill cowher in 2009 and only keep zorn for one year
He'll probably go to Arizona with his former coaches if they have the money. That wil give the cards an extra kick in 2008. Now here's one for you, are the Patriots gonna do as well without their cameras? just joshing you new england fans!
I think we finally have a thread where we won't get flamed by other countries, YEAH!
i dont think the pats will do as good because they usually dont give out big contracts so moss may go but they still have wes welker who is a beast and they have tom brady who is the best player in the league
Will Randy Moss remain a Patriot?

and will the new Miami coach manage to get more then 1 win this season , and will he use his first round draft pick to get Matt Ryan?
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Time to do mock drafts and stuff.

Fun.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Here's a shot in the dark, but does anyone else think after the superbowl, the patriots may start to lack structure and confidence?

Also, does anyone know if Brett Farve, of green bay packers, has decided to continue playing and suspend his retirement for a while?

Im sorry if these are easily answered questions, im english......
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
man, the jags need a badass safety like darius. maybe we can get sean tayl .... oh wait ...
#DTWD
Arizona could be huge in the NFC is they can just get better execution and timing down. They have a Colts/Patriots like offense with Fitzgerald, Lienart, Boldin, and The Edge. Just need to work on their defense and there you go. Speaking of the Colts, do any of you think Marvin Harrison will come back next year with a great performance like is his '02 year? Or after the '08 season will that be the end of the Manning Harrison show?
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
Quote by the metal bassi
Here's a shot in the dark, but does anyone else think after the superbowl, the patriots may start to lack structure and confidence?

Also, does anyone know if Brett Farve, of green bay packers, has decided to continue playing and suspend his retirement for a while?

Im sorry if these are easily answered questions, im english......

Perhaps they will but the patriots have been beat like this before and bounced back, they'll still be contenders next year.
Farve has made no announcement, I don't think he's going anywhere without another superbowl ring but I could easily be wrong
Quote by primusfan
man, the jags need a badass safety like darius. maybe we can get sean tayl .... oh wait ...

you are going to hell
Quote by primusfan

BAD FORM!!
Quote by OfficerSxyPants
you are going to hell

seriously, bad form
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
A. I am sure the Pats will have a even bigger chip on their shoulder for next season. Look for them to be in the SB hunt again.
B. Farve may come back. Nothing has been said as of yet. My thoughts... He will come back. He doesn't want that game to be his last.
C. There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people.
D. Your a Brit that likes a real sport like NFL football so you can't be that bad of a guy.
Quote by ValoRhoads
Perhaps they will but the patriots have been beat like this before and bounced back, they'll still be contenders next year.
Farve has made no announcement, I don't think he's going anywhere without another superbowl ring but I could easily be wrong

Thank you very much!

Is there any other Seahawks fans around here, or am I the only one...?

Any thoughts on what teams you think will do well next season..?
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Chargers will be in the hunt to be at the SB, and there my 2nd favorite team
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by ValoRhoads
BAD FORM!!

fine. fine. sorry.

it's just i've gotten tired of all the sean taylor stuff. everytime i see all this league-wide stuff in tribute to him i wonder what darrent williams' mom thinks. i mean it's sad taylor died so young, and not even cause he was so great, but because he had a family to raise. i just think it's gone a little too far. darrent williams had kids too.
#DTWD
Quote by big-T
Chargers will be in the hunt to be at the SB, and there my 2nd favorite team

I see you live in england, you trying to go to the wembley game?

I have registered an interest on nfluk but have not had any reply as yet.
Quote by chinese_jazz

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
I'm considering sending an application, 2nd fav team vs team with the best kit & Reggie Bush
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
San Diego vs New Orleans is what I looked up on the internet
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by big-T
Will Randy Moss remain a Patriot?

and will the new Miami coach manage to get more then 1 win this season , and will he use his first round draft pick to get Matt Ryan?

By the way it looks NE will only keep either Moss or Asante Samuel, and I bet they'll go for Moss.

Miami will get better but it'll take a few years of builting the team back up. Parcells knows how to make a good team, look what he did to the Cowboys.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
well at least they put a decent game in england this time. the first time they put the dolphins in it seemed they were trying to get europe to hate football with that matchup
Quote by primusfan

You're an asshole. I hope you suffer a major inconvenience today. Bastard.

Washington Redskins
Quote by DanRev
How long does the NFL season go on for?

16 games 17 weeks is the regular season plus if they make the playoffs
Quote by OfficerSxyPants
well at least they put a decent game in england this time. the first time they put the dolphins in it seemed they were trying to get europe to hate football with that matchup

I didn't go, but I heard it was surprisingly a success, bringing football to the UK. However, I agree this year a much better game is lined up..

Quote by thefuzz454
By the way it looks NE will only keep either Moss or Asante Samuel, and I bet they'll go for Moss.

Both players a very good, however there is a good relationship between Moss and Brady, of which pretty much made up the patriots offence, bar Welker. I agree, they will keep Randy Moss.
Quote by chinese_jazz

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Last edited by the metal bassi at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by DanRev
How long does the NFL season go on for?

aug: preseason
sept - dec: season
jan: playoffs
feb: superbowl

then we have the offseason. trading, free agency, the draft in april! then training camps, then it repeats.
#DTWD
Quote by OfficerSxyPants
16 games 17 weeks is the regular season plus if they make the playoffs

original post by DanRev:

that's so short. does college football play in the remaining months?

davedit: no. the AFL does though. even though it's not real football. it's kinda fun to watch but hard to get really into it.

except the local arena team. that's fun in the offseason.

edit: LMAO! oh ****. i meant to quote you and i edited you. but yeah. wow i'm high or something ...
Quote by DanRev
no. the AFL does though. even though it's not real football. it's kinda fun to watch but hard to get really into it.

except the local arena team. that's fun in the offseason.

WHAT THE ****. ive been possessed.

(or mods edited my post for some reason)
Quote by primusfan
fine. fine. sorry.

it's just i've gotten tired of all the sean taylor stuff. everytime i see all this league-wide stuff in tribute to him i wonder what darrent williams' mom thinks. i mean it's sad taylor died so young, and not even cause he was so great, but because he had a family to raise. i just think it's gone a little too far. darrent williams had kids too.

It's basically b/c Sean Taylor was a Pro-Bowler, fan favorite and altogether a beast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otl9BQdjzo4

He was also killed in the safety of his own home, whereas Darrent Williams was killed outside of a nightclub.
The difference between a man who runs 4.4 and and a man who runs a 4.5 is 12 inches.

The difference between a man who gives it his all for his team and a man who doesn't is a mile.
Quote by TNtitans
It's basically b/c Sean Taylor was a Pro-Bowler, fan favorite and altogether a beast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otl9BQdjzo4

He was also killed in the safety of his own home, whereas Darrent Williams was killed outside of a nightclub.

oh i see. d-will being killed outside a nightclub means he's less of a person in the NFL and means he deserves less mourning. sean taylor got a DUI and was involved in a shooting and charged with aggravated assault with a firearm and battery. but he got shot in his home so he's a better man than williams.

i think it's really just because he died during the season. williams died right after the last game of the season so he was pretty much forgotten this year. i mean go up to your average joe schmoe who doesn't really know sports. they'll know sean taylor. they won't know darrent williams.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
oh i see. d-will being killed outside a nightclub means he's less of a person in the NFL and means he deserves less mourning. sean taylor got a DUI and was involved in a shooting and charged with aggravated assault with a firearm and battery. but he got shot in his home so he's a better man than williams.

No, I didn't say that. Your remark about Williams' mother was directed about how much media attention each got. Once again I state that he got much more attention b/c of his abilities as a player, not his manhood.
The difference between a man who runs 4.4 and and a man who runs a 4.5 is 12 inches.

The difference between a man who gives it his all for his team and a man who doesn't is a mile.
Quote by primusfan

i think it's really just because he died during the season. williams died right after the last game of the season so he was pretty much forgotten this year. i mean go up to your average joe schmoe who doesn't really know sports. they'll know sean taylor. they won't know darrent williams.

Maybe the league is making progress after the deaths of guys like Tillman and Williams after a little bit of experience and they finally got it right with Taylor. Do you really have a problem with progress? Should we disrespect Taylor BECAUSE he was recognized much like Williams and Tillman were disrespected by NOT BEING recognized? Should we just continue to ignore player deaths? Or should we make progress?

Washington Redskins
Quote by TNtitans
No, I didn't say that. Your remark about Williams' mother was directed about how much media attention each got. Once again I state that he got much more attention b/c of his abilities as a player, not his manhood.

i still think it's because it happened midseason. even though sean taylor was an amazing player, he wasn't a tom brady or peyton manning level famous yet where we would have this huge uproar of mourning in the football community had it happened in the offseason.

Maybe the league is making progress after the deaths of guys like Tillman and Williams after a little bit of experience and they finally got it right with Taylor. Do you really have a problem with progress? Should we disrespect Taylor BECAUSE he was recognized much like Williams and Tillman were disrespected by NOT BEING recognized? Should we just continue to ignore player deaths? Or should we make progress?

no i have a problem because it took them too long. what does this have to do with disrespecting taylor? i didn't piss on his grave or anything. i said it was a sad thing, i'm just saying it's unfair for him to get so much attention with other people not getting that much at all.
#DTWD