Poll: sooo, amp or car?
Poll Options
View poll results: sooo, amp or car?
GET THE CAR!!
30 75%
GET THE AMP!! /m/
10 25%
Voters: 40.
im not sure wat to do, i have an oppurtunity to join a band with (in my opinion) the best hardcore vocalist around and the drummer from his old band. my friend offered me a b52 half stack for $400, which ill need to play at a hardcore show, im now playing out of a vox ad30vt. but the thing is.. i really need a car.the quicker i get a car, the quicker i can get to a job and the quicker i can get some real good gear.
wat do u guys think, save for a car or take the amp?

edit: oh and id be looking for approx a $1000 car
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Last edited by itsxsteves at Nov 17, 2008,
I say car. Hopefully the offer for joining the band will still be around, or you can borrow your friends amp for shows.
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
Car
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
If your potential seller is a real friend, see if he'll let you borrow it for shows, or let you make payments ($50 a month or something) until you get a job.
Get the car. From what you posted it seems to be the logical course of action.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
get a car.. run people down and take their money, the car will soon pay for itself
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by KwikKopy
If your potential seller is a real friend, see if he'll let you borrow it for shows, or let you make payments ($50 a month or something) until you get a job.

Yep. this.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Quote by sharkbait08
Yep. this.

Bad deal buying on credit from friends.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by KwikKopy

hes actually more of a friend of a friend that i talked to at a show for like an hour or so one day and he gave me his number.

▼ but he is ▼
Quote by Jackal58
Bad deal buying on credit from friends.

Depends how much of a deadbeat you are... If you can make the payments, and you and your friend have a solid agreement, it's all good.

Quote by itsxsteves
hes actually more of a friend of a friend that i talked to at a show for like an hour or so one day and he gave me his number.

If you don't feel like you know him well enough to buy on credit (seems like you don't). See if you can maybe borrow it for like 10-20 bucks a show. Then if you eventually buy it, see if you can get a further discount on it since you've rented from him several times.
Quote by KwikKopy
Depends how much of a deadbeat you are... If you can make the payments, and you and your friend have a solid agreement, it's all good.

If you don't feel like you know him well enough to buy on credit (seems like you don't). See if you can maybe borrow it for like 10-20 bucks a show. Then if you eventually buy it, see if you can get a further discount on it since you've rented from him several times.

I've just seen it ruin good friendships.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by KwikKopy

id rather not make a complicated agreement like that over a amp.. plus it can cause problems i dont want. id much rather pay him in full.

▼ but he is ▼
Quote by Jackal58
I've just seen it ruin good friendships.
aye.

and it has the potential to get you a bad rep, outside of the person you're dealing with.

cash & carry is best, dude.

EDIT: TS, i see you're already thinking straight on that one.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
get the car. a car will let you go to a job/go to gigs that will in turn get you money to buy that new amp. for the time being, you can borrow an amp from another member of the band. problem solved
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by theking182
get the car. a car will let you go to a job/go to gigs that will in turn get you money to buy that new amp. for the time being, you can borrow an amp from another member of the band. problem solved
or better yet, just stick a mic in front of the Vox. it will sound good enough for now.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
or better yet, just stick a mic in front of the Vox. it will sound good enough for now.

Exactly.

How good of an amp do you need for your first few shows? If you are getting paid to play the gigs, you will earn the money for the amp.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

thats pretty brilliant thanks!
wat mic should i use, and where should i put it in?

▼ but he is ▼