can anybody help me get a good acoustic sound with my guitar?
i have a 75 watt line 6 spider 3
and an ibanez grg170dx

me and my "band" are playing cemetery gates by pantera for our school's guitar club and its acoustic-themed but because i dont have an acoustic theyre letting me use my electric
thanks in advance
Just buy an acoustic guitar, or borrow one, don't you have any friends that have one?
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
an acoustic sound on an electric is so hard to get. I'd say almost impossibe really. The best cheat you can do with you gear is use your clean channel, chorus, reverb kinda low with low gain and low volume on your guitar. It wont sound like an acoustic guitar but it wont sound horrible.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

lol you tell me to get a new amp and not a guitar?

and i can't really buy anything, i don't have money like that, i'm just a kid and my parents won't get me anything until like christmas.

and i could borrow one of my friends i could try that, i know the last couple ones i asked said theres sucks
who cares if it sucks? it'll sound more acoustic than your electric. I play my friends first act acoustic from time to time, and it even has a decent sound.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
tones comes from your amp.

even if you could buy a an acoustic pedal, i wouldn't suggest the boss, and it would sound like ass thru a modeler anyway.

lower the volume on your guitar and play on clean.

that or borrow an acoustic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the acoustics i'm saying that suck are like.. **** though. i know my friends can't be tuned to e standard because the a string cant be tuned or it pops the note down, or something around that. and mine, is like plastic and ****, lol its just embarrassing.

i'll try to see what i can do, thanks guys
It's near impossible to get a real acoustic sound out of an electric, not even Piezo's (magnetic crystal thingy pickups that are supposed to sound acoustic-y)sound too acoustic IMO. They just sound different. Oh and with such a metal setup (c'mon the spider is bad enough as it is) it makes it even more difficult.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by wontu
the acoustics i'm saying that suck are like.. **** though. i know my friends can't be tuned to e standard because the a string cant be tuned or it pops the note down, or something around that. and mine, is like plastic and ****, lol its just embarrassing.

i'll try to see what i can do, thanks guys

so borrow a better clean amp.

you amp isnt suited for that style.

but again if that's not an option, dial down your guitar's volume.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i'll probably have a better chance with finding an amp, i know my friend has a 10watt microcube which has a acoustic tone but that cant give much volume.
yeah, that's not going to project without being mic'd.

i just think you're too worried about the tone. if i were you. i would use the spider on clean and really lower the volume on the guitar. i know it's not right, but honestly, if you play the song correctly,
you'll be appreciated.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62