Ok i am look at 2 guitars 1 is an epiphone les paul custom and the other is a epiphone les paul Black beauty. They both look similar but what your guys opinions.
sorry if this is in the wrong forum i kinda need a quick answer.
its gunna be your guitar so try both and get whatever feels right.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
i'd go with the epi les paul custom man. I am just not really into guitars woth 3 pickups. Cost way too much if you decide you want to switch them out.
i went to guitar center.com and saw the epiphone lp custom price 600-800 dollars
i also saw a real les paul for 800 bucks on sale ( the only thing is is that its more of a natural stain type look,which is a problem for some) so i say save up a little more and get the real deal (if stain is a problem u can repaint it or have a guy do it for you)
Quote by srvkicks@$$
i went to guitar center.com and saw the epiphone lp custom price 600-800 dollars
i also saw a real les paul for 800 bucks on sale ( the only thing is is that its more of a natural stain type look,which is a problem for some) so i say save up a little more and get the real deal (if stain is a problem u can repaint it or have a guy do it for you)

A faded studio?
I hate those IMO. The neck feels like sand paper. i would just get a regular custom or look for a used Gibson Studio
The Black Beauty will bug some people with that middle pickup. They sound a little different too, the 3 pickup model sounding a little fatter in tone.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The middle pickup is almost always bad.

- more magnetic pull on the string, which can muddy up/cause more buzz
- it's unable to be used at the same time with the other pups. That means ONLY 1 neck/middle/bridge pup can be used at any given time, which pretty much defeats the purpose of having a middle humbucker
- more wood has to be removed in order to make the cavity for the pup, which can lessen sustain

So yeah, it looks cool but it really only limits your playability.
im pretty happy with my black beauty. it seems like epiphone puts more attention on it than it does the stndard
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb