Hey UG, well, I've been playing guitar for a bit over 6 months, and have never taken a lesson so its basically been me and the internet :p, but I've realized, that besides myself and a few friends (who either think im the greatest thing ever or the worst **** to fall upon the earth) I haven't had a chance to get fairly criticized yet in terms of how I play, so I figured might as well try my luck here.

I've uploaded to youtube a vid of me playing Layla by Eric Clapton, and can upload more vids of need be, but I would just like to see what people think and if I'm realtivley decent for the time I've been playing. Please excuse the awful sound quality, but that's what you get with an awful camera and an awful amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdxFN8Hg4F0
too much down picking work on your alternate picking
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
That's really good for 6 months.

But I noticed you use a LOT of downstrokes, try alternate picking more.

But still, you're really advanced for your situation, i have friends who can barely play after a year.
I think you have to fix intonation of your guitar. And also try to bend to the accurate notes. Then you'll sound better. But I think for six months it's good.
Pretty friggin good imo man, but I suck so take that for what its worth. If anything it shows me I should take guitar lessons and l2 do something besides power chords lol.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Quote by Aitrus
Pretty friggin good imo man, but I suck so take that for what its worth. If anything it shows me I should take guitar lessons and l2 do something besides power chords lol.

heheh, i don't take lessons :p
Alright, I've taken your advice about alternate picking and practiced it, and i've noticed it has made a huge improvement for my own comfort, I can now play much faster licks much easier. I uploaded some new videos and hopefully you guys will be able to tell a differences as well.

Felt like some Zeppelin tonight

The Ocean

Communication Breakdown

Whole Lotta Love Solo With Some Improvising
thanks for making me feel like **** man ive been playing 9 months and aint that good
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Whole Lotta Love and Ocean are the best, trying working more on some rhythm, but everything else is perfect! Keep on rocking.
Quote by king~olievo
thanks for making me feel like **** man ive been playing 9 months and aint that good

That's exactly what I was thinking