Poll: What are your eating habits?
Poll Options
View poll results: What are your eating habits?
Vegan
5 2%
Vegetarian
52 19%
Meatatarian
116 42%
None of the Above
104 38%
Voters: 277.
Page 1 of 3
Are any pit-monkeys vegetarians or vegans?

Thought of this after the PETA joke thread.

Apparently, according to wikipedia:

"Vegan diets (sometimes called strict or pure vegetarian diets) are a subset of vegetarian diets, which are credited with lowering the risk of colon cancer, heart attack, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, prostate cancer, and stroke."

So something to ponder pit-goers?

*reposted for poll.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jimmer1720 at Nov 17, 2008,
Have to die of something. Might as well be of eating meat.

I have max respect for vegans/vegetarians however.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by Avedas
I'm a meatatarian.

amen to that
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
we didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat celery
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I'm an omnivore since I'm healthy and I don't care for following a social paradigm regulating my diet.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm a meatatarian. It's a personal choice. You've really gotta commit to it.

/horriblejoke
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
for instant vegetarian, visit this site:http: //www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp
look at the meet the animals section

yea i wanna be a vegetarian
I used to be a vegetarian. I couldn't take it for more than 4 months. I felt healthy, but constantly hungry. At least I was open-minded and don't assault it. Though I think Vegan is a little stuck up. Just drink the milk. didn't hurt the cow.

Anyhoo, You've gotta kill something to live, whether plant or animal. or at least, that's how I tell myself it's okay. but the killing babies thing, I haven't come up with an excuse for.
A good public beheading will teach them. Not with a guillotine, that's too good for the bastards. I say an axe. Or a spoon...Or a bendy straw.

-shaggadellicfuz

That's right. I sigged myself. Because I'm a philosopher.
Quote by SGRocker400
for instant vegetarian, visit this site:http: //www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp
look at the meet the animals section

yea i wanna be a vegetarian

You'd have to be a complete idiot to take something like that face value.
Interesting...I see more cockatarians here than anything.
A good public beheading will teach them. Not with a guillotine, that's too good for the bastards. I say an axe. Or a spoon...Or a bendy straw.

-shaggadellicfuz

That's right. I sigged myself. Because I'm a philosopher.
I couldn't imagine being vegan, that'd be just wierd.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
I'm sorry more power to them, but I cannot do it.

Steak>ALL
I am....making progress...
I'm more into this thing called 'human nature' You should try it. It has the best of everything.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
I'm an omnivore. I eat everything. But that doesn't mean I don't care about animals. I know that for some folks it isn't easy, but if you just try and think a bit more about where you're getting meat, and how the animals are raised, you can eat all you want without the slightest twinge of guilt. And if you're a vegetarian because you don't like the way the animals are treated, what about battery hens? And I can't be too certain about this, because I live in England, and canny be bothered to do my research, but I heard that cattle live in pretty hiedous conditions in America, surely this includes dairy cows?

EDIT: Just realised I sound kind of up myself, don't meant to sound like I'm forcing my opinion on anyone, I just think that if you're going to bother, you might as well do it properly!
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
I can't see why anybody would be vegetarian for ethical purposes, either go vegan or it completely defeats the purpose.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
1) There is no such thing as bad food- only bad diets.
2) The best diet in this day and age is a balanced omnivorous diet. I don't give a sh*t how we ate x number of thousands of years ago- we eat meat now.
3) Vegetarians and vegans can have **** poor diets with even more potential dietary related problems than they say that omnivores do.
4) All the problems related to meat is simply when meat is in stupid excess, which links with part 1.
5) A lot of soy products are highly processed and refined- and therefore a lot of the benefits are stripped.
6) On the most part, animals bred for food are bred and slaughtered ethically- you only hear about the bad ones.
I was a vegetarian for 11 years, then I became a poor college student, and then I worked in a kitchen-- I was the 'wing-man'. It all went downhill from there with the vegetarian thing, but I'll eat tofu and I'm still addicted to the morningstar farms breakfast links, those things are tasty-- better than actual breakfast sausage.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
4) All the problems related to meat is simply when meat is in stupid excess.

Balance is definitely key.
Last edited by Merdesa at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by Shaggadellicfuz
Though I think Vegan is a little stuck up. Just drink the milk. didn't hurt the cow.

Dairy farming is basically as bad to the bovine as beef farming is, I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian but I realise that keeping a cow basically pregnant until it's milking days are over and then slaughtering it is pretty awful.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Omnivore here, that is how our race has evolved, allowed us to survive, and I see no reason to change it now. It is not feasable for everyone and it is not logical what-so-ever.

If you are a vegetarian, or a vegan, more power to you, and I have no issue with you. So just show the same courtesy to me and we will be set.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Deliriumbassist
1) There is no such thing as bad food- only bad diets.
2) The best diet in this day and age is a balanced omnivorous diet. I don't give a sh*t how we ate x number of thousands of years ago- we eat meat now.
3) Vegetarians and vegans can have **** poor diets with even more potential dietary related problems than they say that omnivores do.
4) All the problems related to meat is simply when meat is in stupid excess, which links with part 1.
5) A lot of soy products are highly processed and refined- and therefore a lot of the benefits are stripped.
6) On the most part, animals bred for food are bred and slaughtered ethically- you only hear about the bad ones.

7) If you think being a vegetarian or vegan is going to kill less animals, think again. Unless you're growing your own vegetables free of pesticides and other chemicals you're probably killing more animals than any meateater. Animals often get killed by the machinery used to extract vegetable and birds often get sick from the pesticides.
Quote by Kensai
7) If you think being a vegetarian or vegan is going to kill less animals, think again. Unless you're growing your own vegetables free of pesticides and other chemicals you're probably killing more animals than any meateater. Animals often get killed by the machinery used to extract vegetable and birds often get sick from the pesticides.

Good point apprentice. Vegetarians have the blood of harvest mice on their hands!

You utter monsters.
Page 1 of 3