Page 1 of 2
Sup guys, Line6 here. Look ive had a KAZILLION problems lately, including in them the breakage of my Bass Guitar leaving me only with a Squier to use. Since i really wont buy a new bass because of family matters i had to take it like this.

Getting a new guitar is a nono too =[ But i can grab my Squier and mod to to make it sound decent? I mean i already like the sound as it is, but, i know it can get WAY better with some tweaks. I have already done the best i can with set up and i still don't like it so let's drop some mods on it, could you guys help me choose here?

First off, it's the bullet model with no whammy =[ 3 single coils, sucky saddles which if i lower a bit they get all the way down if i play for about 5 minutes... So i need to keep them in the standard height which is good so i wont loose any sustain from the sucky one already =.= The tuners are okay so i don't think i will replace them now. My main concern right now is the rest of it...

Getting a sweet sound out of it with just a 200 bucks maximum, can you do it? I have the rest of this week to decide what i will buy sooooo... Ideas away?

In case you need a picture of it, here it is >.< And the handy-dandy Ds-1 Which everyone loves lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/unit101/SN850305.jpg
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
what's your amp?

if you get settled there, then you handle tuning first, graphtech saddles, locking tuners. then bridge pup.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
As i said... BUYING A NEW GUITAR IS NOT A POSIBILITY.... My mom will only buy the parts i tell my cousin to get =.= Don't you care for a mates life here?

Quote by Chaddy9693
buy a new guitar with the 200.

200 won't get you anything much better than a Squier anyway.

I ssay mod it, squiers are perfect for modding.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Line6
As i said... BUYING A NEW GUITAR IS NOT A POSIBILITY.... My mom will only buy the parts i tell my cousin to get =.= Don't you care for a mates life here?

if you want the guitar to sound better, answer my question, then we can go from there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

modding FTW. i'm trying something with my old pacifcia too
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
i agreed with the office jenny guy. Get some graphtech saddles n find some decent tuners. If you really want to go all out on this guitar buy schaller or grover tuners. Get a new nut (graphtech). you can put a wilkinson trem on if you have the cash
Don't worry bout the amp hehe, i can borrow church's stack when i want :3 Part of being one of the players there O-(^_^Q) Pretty dam loud tube amps are my rawks, i sometime think our father loves metal hahaha. I mean, he thinks http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-6505-Plus-Half-Stack-485055-i1320780.gc isn't enough power =.=

Leaving that aside (Thank God) It's time to work on the rest hehe.

ok so, i would get the saddles first. it's a fixed bridge so no trem, and no new bridge should be needed.

and i would pick up some locking tuners. or really just a good quality tuner.

go to stewmac.com, measure your parts, look at their specs. make sure the new parts will fit, then buy them in the cheapest spot you can find.

you should have enough cash left over for a custom custom, or other cool bridge pup.
if you want a humbucker the also buy an HSS guard. just peak under the guard you have now, make sure there's room.

anyway, that;s what i would do.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

modding that guitar is wasting money, better off getting a better guitar. The Squire Bullet has horrible parts everywhere, the body is crap and isn't even the same thickness as a real Strat, bridge, electronics, tuners, all crap. There is no saving it. Sorry
Quote by eurotrashed
modding that guitar is wasting money, better off getting a better guitar. The Squire Bullet has horrible parts everywhere, the body is crap and isn't even the same thickness as a real Strat, bridge, electronics, tuners, all crap. There is no saving it. Sorry

Sir, sorry to point it out but you are TRASH...

Jenny thanks for your help Toomorrow i will check under my pickguard, it is a bit of late and really not in the mood for it now hehe (Taking the strings off and restringing... Two things i TOTALLY hate lol)

Dunno how things will fit this is an Indonisian craft so i guess i will have to use that web first before anything hehe.

Thanks for the help though :3

the old ones few years back (not the really old) were pretty bad, but if it's a newer version, they are basswood and Much better for modding.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Can you help me track it? I already tried a year ago when i bought it (I am sure it's WAY older than that hehe) s/n IC050349887 Crafted in Indonesia, it still has this CE sticker in the back because i am too lazy to peel it off the neck lol

Right now i am measuring to see which tuners to get >.< But i guess this specs should be the same as the trem. bullet? I think those specs should be somewhere, that would save me HEAPS of time :3

this is what i got from fender forums... 2005 indonesia, agathis?

Indonesian Squiers:

IC = Made in Indonesia by Cort (solid agathis from 1998), followed by 2-digit year.
IS = Made in Indonesia by Samick. Bullet Series (plywood), followed by 2-digit year.

agathis would be fine. obviously, plywood is going to be a problem.

keep in mind. anything you add to this guitar, can always be taken out again and put into another.

i think you can use a little ruler, to get size and screw spots on the headstock, for tuners. sadles will probably fit. but measure the length of saddles to be sure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 17, 2008,
Hey, $200 can score you a MIM Fender on Craigslist.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Line6
Sir, sorry to point it out but you are TRASH...

Jenny thanks for your help Toomorrow i will check under my pickguard, it is a bit of late and really not in the mood for it now hehe (Taking the strings off and restringing... Two things i TOTALLY hate lol)

Dunno how things will fit this is an Indonisian craft so i guess i will have to use that web first before anything hehe.

Thanks for the help though :3

Trash for pointing out that your guitar is trash for modifying? You are just pissing your money away modding it. Its much better for mommy's money to be buying you a new guitar that is better out of the box or at least a better platform to modify.

Sell the Bullet and the pedal together for like $125, add in the $200 your mom is willing to pay to modify a guitar that is worth half of what the parts would be going into it and you got $325 to buy a decent guitar.
Last edited by eurotrashed at Nov 17, 2008,
Quote by eurotrashed
Trash for pointing out that your guitar is trash for modifying? You are just pissing your money away modding it. Its much better for mommy's money to be buying you a new guitar that is better out of the box or at least a better platform to modify.

Sell the Bullet and the pedal together for like $125, add in the $200 your mom is willing to pay to modify a guitar that is worth half of what the parts would be going into it and you got $325 to buy a decent guitar.

i dont think these guys would agree.
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/94928-fender-squier-bullet.html

again like said. it's a matter of which bullet.

he said he cant get a new guitar. not sure why you dont believe him.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I have a Squier Bullet as well, but replaced it with a Epi Les Paul Standard 2 years ago. Still have it too. Never bothered with modding it. The 2nd tone knob on it broke off, but it still plays. I play it once in a while when I feel like getting a different sound. I would start off with replacing the stock pickups with some better ones, possibly Duncans if possible. Honestly, I don't know what would be a good replacement. I'm not mechanical when it comes to guitars. I just play for the fun of it. Well that's my opinion.

Good Luck!!
Quote by eurotrashed

You still keep being the same to my eyes... Maybe your son of a rich family to who getting money is like blinking? Well, news fer ya, not everyone is like that...

Hey Jenny, it is true what they say that curiosity killed the cat lol, it's routed for a HSH set up lol

Leaving that done, it has the same tuners as http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Bullet-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo-104494315-i1385540.gc

It is easier to identify between 2 people hehe. And check which types of tuners would fit on it, plus i don't think its agathis wood, it looks more like basswood or ash... Same tuners, neck size and total guitar size is the same :3 Difference is the tremolo hehe

Quote by jj1565
i dont think these guys would agree.
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/94928-fender-squier-bullet.html

again like said. it's a matter of which bullet.

he said he cant get a new guitar. not sure why you dont believe him.

I've learned so much from Rob DiStefano. Another stud there is Ron Kirn and his builds from scratch.

The new $99 Squier Bullets (Basswood) are very nice Bang for the $$$. Those will be my next projects as soon as I run out of Squier '51s.

Okay, after some researching and thinking i have come up with this.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Grover-205C6-6-In-Line-Guitar-Tuning-Keys-361001-i1129876.gc For the tuners

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Graph-Tech-String-Saver-Saddle-Vintage-Set-305100-i1127987.gc For Saddles

They are still sorta subject to changes and still looking in for the pups wit the rest, this is just 80 bucks here so i have about 160 to go crazy lol

Quote by Line6
You still keep being the same to my eyes... Maybe your son of a rich family to who getting money is like blinking? Well, news fer ya, not everyone is like that...

I was 15 years old when I got myself a job to buy myself a Marshall MG50DFX, only to sell it 6 years later when I matured. The $350 to get that amp wasn't hard to get, 10 days of 8 hour shifts. Don't assume everyone on here that has more than a $100 guitar had everything handed to them, and don't assume that for you to get a guitar it has to be handed to you. Get a job, save up. When you are young each paycheck can be spent on whatever you want, cause you have no worries and no bills.
Quote by eurotrashed
I was 15 years old when I got myself a job to buy myself a Marshall MG50DFX, only to sell it 6 years later when I matured. The $350 to get that amp wasn't hard to get, 10 days of 8 hour shifts. Don't assume everyone on here that has more than a $100 guitar had everything handed to them, and don't assume that for you to get a guitar it has to be handed to you. Get a job, save up. When you are young each paycheck can be spent on whatever you want, cause you have no worries and no bills.

Actually dude... i will just save comments =.= And i am no kid >.< OMG i pay for all my stuff, light, water, food... i never intended to say everyone have everything handed to them... And you think that's something? I have been working since i was FREAKING 8 YEARS OLD GTFO now please...

And Ippon, i think they fit :3 (Please God let them fit in ^_^)

Quote by Line6
Actually dude... i will just save comments =.= And i am no kid >.< OMG i pay for all my stuff, light, water, food... i never intended to say everyone have everything handed to them... And you think that's something? I have been working since i was FREAKING 8 YEARS OLD GTFO now please...

And Ippon, i think they fit :3 (Please God let them fit in ^_^)

You are no kid, yet you are talking how your mom won't let you get a new guitar?
Quote by eurotrashed
You are no kid, yet you are talking how your mom won't let you get a new guitar?

I am 18, Senior Year, had to mature early to survive through life, you know nothing about me to go around f***ng judging me. Even though all that i have respect for my parents, if you are one of those kids that will bite their dads out to get what they want then GTFO you futureless retard and snuck you head between a book or two.

I live in Dominican Republic a country with one ****ing hot sun everyday over your head and my mom has this opportunity to go to the US and you are starting to !@#% me up IN THE NAME OF GOD There are about a quadrillion other threads in this forums, GET OUT OF HERE NOW PLEASE...

If you can't bear with me modding a Squier, do us all a favor and grab a knife or a handgun and shoot yourself for good...

line 6, please dont respond to his posts. i'm sure he's a nice guy usually, but the back and forth between you guys is killing the thread.

euro, just let it go, he wants to do the mod. and he can always pull the parts out, use them later. the modding will also help him learn about guitars.

ippon! so glad you showed up friend. i was going to suggest he check out guitar fetish. i havent bought from them, but i think this month, i'm going to start another mod project, and was planning on using them.

do you know if he would have to make the tuner holes bigger with those?

and line 6 make sure you measure the total length of those saddles, against the bridge length there now. but yeah i like graphtech saddles.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 18, 2008,
^

Not sure about the tuner hole size which is why Line6 should measure it. I've rarely changed tuners, even on inexpensive Squiers ... most of the time, correct stringing eliminates most of the getting out of tune problems, unless the tuners are so mechanically inferior they suffer from backlash.

Since the tuners seem to be OK. I'd replace the nut first and try some of GuitarFetish's PUs: http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html TBH, the ones I've installed have been somehow better than the stock Squier SCs or Humbuckers ... not DiMarzio Virtual Vintage better, but decent.

Then, I'd focus on the paintjob ... http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/003154.html ... page down.

^haha, that's sweet.

i've had no problem keeping my squier in tune. i think years of stringing have helped there as well.

i think he said he's having some sort of saddle peg problem. in that case, i'd fix those first.

but yeah, with the rest of the money, anything goes.

ippon, do you know anyone who likes sx guitars on rondo? i really like the look of the 3/4 scale single Hb guitars they sell for $70. i wanted to give one to my niece.
you think it'll be a good next project?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^ A lot of the posts I've read about the SX models complained about the frets (sharp) and neck feel ... FWIW. I prefer to start with a relatively playable model with good structure; however, YMMV. I got the impression that the SX is truly hit or miss, not Gibson quality hit or miss since I haven't met a Gibson I didn't like.

Have you tried the new Squier Bullet, with the Basswood body for $100? Other than the MF batch with the stripped/rounded truss rod adjustment holes that Rob DiStefano experienced early on, I believe they're fine. GC carries the new ones and they play nice + the headstock looks "normal".

Here on the Left Coast, driving up and down the Pacific Coast Highway, there are still some mom and pop music stores that have Squier '51s in stock ... it's another option.

i would love to order her a pink bullet. but the short scale daisy rock retro-h, i stole for a hundred ten bucks, is still too big for her. she's just 6 yrs.

i'd love to get her into a 3/4 , 6lb guitar i could later turn into a travel guitar.

sorry about the side turn here TS.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Line6
I am 18, Senior Year, had to mature early to survive through life, you know nothing about me to go around f***ng judging me. Even though all that i have respect for my parents, if you are one of those kids that will bite their dads out to get what they want then GTFO you futureless retard and snuck you head between a book or two.

I live in Dominican Republic a country with one ****ing hot sun everyday over your head and my mom has this opportunity to go to the US and you are starting to !@#% me up IN THE NAME OF GOD There are about a quadrillion other threads in this forums, GET OUT OF HERE NOW PLEASE...

If you can't bear with me modding a Squier, do us all a favor and grab a knife or a handgun and shoot yourself for good...

yo, dude. Maybe you should stick with the Bullit. With that kinda of attitude you really don't deserve anything better. I never made an attack towards you or judged you, I just gave you advice to save up for something better, because the bullit is made out of pretty crap wood and all and isn't worth it. You would be throwing away your hard earned cash. I didn't judge you, yet you are quick to jump down my throat and make assumptions about me. I must have it so good with my $300 Strat.... and ignore what I said before about working hard and saving, because I obviously still must have had that $300 strat just handed to me, there is no way I could have every bought that. Like I said, I never meant disrespect, but obviously you do, you still have lots of maturing to do with that kind of an attack over nothing, sorry for giving you advice you didn't like
Quote by Line6
Sup guys, Line6 here. Look ive had a KAZILLION problems lately, including in them the breakage of my Bass Guitar leaving me only with a Squier to use. Since i really wont buy a new bass because of family matters i had to take it like this.

Getting a new guitar is a nono too =[ But i can grab my Squier and mod to to make it sound decent? I mean i already like the sound as it is, but, i know it can get WAY better with some tweaks. I have already done the best i can with set up and i still don't like it so let's drop some mods on it, could you guys help me choose here?

First off, it's the bullet model with no whammy =[ 3 single coils, sucky saddles which if i lower a bit they get all the way down if i play for about 5 minutes... So i need to keep them in the standard height which is good so i wont loose any sustain from the sucky one already =.= The tuners are okay so i don't think i will replace them now. My main concern right now is the rest of it...

Getting a sweet sound out of it with just a 200 bucks maximum, can you do it? I have the rest of this week to decide what i will buy sooooo... Ideas away?

In case you need a picture of it, here it is >.< And the handy-dandy Ds-1 Which everyone loves lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/unit101/SN850305.jpg

$200 isn't a whole lot of money. If your strapped for cash just sell the Bullet and DS1 and use that and the $200 to get a new guitar. I honestly don't think it's worth it to mod a piece of ****. It will just cost more money for you down the road.

Your better off just getting a Yamaha Pacifica or low end Epi then moding a Squire.
Your 18, i don't see how getting a new guitar is not allowed by your parents if it's your money.
Last edited by Pizza The Hut at Nov 18, 2008,
If you lived in Dominican Republic where getting any guitar is priced the double you see on online stores or more you would understand why...

I've have seen squiers with the price up to what you can get a Standard Fender MIM Strat.

Euro i am sorry for the things i said man, i just don't like down talking on Squiers, i think they are pretty dam awesome guitars.

Jenny, i have only played the Normal sized SX guitar but i didn't found anything odd in it such as the sharp edges and such. They are pretty decent IMO for beginners.

For the ones telling me to sell the DS-1, it isn't even mine, it's of a friend i borrowed it for the time being.

I will check Guitar Fetish guys, might order from them even though it might take some days for it to get here >.<

I really don't have that much tuning issues even though i am a bend maniac in most of my solos lol but i DO HATE my sustain =.=

Last edited by Line6 at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by Line6
If you lived in Dominican Republic where getting any guitar is priced the double you see on online stores or more you would understand why...

.=

Then its time start hitting the pawn shops...

Or do what Brian May did when he was a broke ass and build your own out of scrap wood and metal parts.

EDIT: Is that sig serious?
Quote by Line6

damn, you told him.

I'd get some new pickups
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
damn, you told him.

I'd get some new pickups

He's probably some spoiled rich kid whos mad because daddy won't buy him a guitar.

And if he's really from the Dominican Republic (unlikely), please stay there and don't add to the already overpopulated toliet of illegal aliens on U.S. welfare programs .
Last edited by Pizza The Hut at Nov 18, 2008,
yeah go for the modding, i love modding, im doin a ton with my guitar kit strat.

use ebay, you can get a used trem for under $50(not the best trem, but will do), used tuners for like $20, a new neck for maybe another $50, and it varies with the pups so need to no ur style for that
Page 1 of 2