ok guys im going to get a new amp for christmas and i was wondering how loud a crate v-50 is. im worried that 50 watts is gonna be too much for just practicing in my basement. in fact im pretty sure its too loud. anyways, i was just wondering if any of you guys would know how loud it is. Do you think the 33 watt version would be too loud as well?

thanks.

EDIT: i would get the 18 watt version but i kinda need the two channels that come with the louder amps.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Last edited by slash4114 at Nov 17, 2008,
depends on how lenient your parents/housemates are. i play a 50 watt valveking in my basement room and its not a big deal if i keep it quiet
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
No, they have volume controls. You won't be getting an power tube saturation without hurting your ears, but if that's not what you're after you'll be fine.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The 30 watt version would probably be a little bit more manageable. You could get the power tube saturation at a lower volume than a 50 watter.

Mind you, it's still pretty damn loud.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The 30 watt version would be just fine.

That way, getting power-tube saturation is more feasible, and you still have the two channels.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
The 30 watt version would be just fine.

That way, getting power-tube saturation is more feasible, and you still have the two channels.

yeah thats what i was thinking. im not going to be gigging or anything for a while but i figure if i do, it wont be for a huge crowd. and i can always mic it if it isnt loud enough.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

I'm sure it'll still be loud enough for gigging.

Hell, my 15 watt Palomino was knocking stuff off shelves in my drummer's house.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
I'm sure it'll still be loud enough for gigging.

Hell, my 15 watt Palomino was knocking stuff off shelves in my drummer's house.

Man, that's a loud 15 watts son.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Man, that's a loud 15 watts son.

Yeah, it blows my other guitarist's Blues Junior clear outta the water, seeing as we put it on full blast, and it wasn't all too loud when stacked up against my Palo.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Used classic 30. Same price, better amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
well the V50 uses 6L6 powertube and the V33 uses EL84 tubes. so the 50 will be more american and the 33 will be more brittish. so going from the 50 to the 33 will not only be slightly quieter (not going to make a huge difference) but will sound fairly different. if you like the sound of the 50, get that one. its probably going to be too loud to use in a basement if you want to turn it up, but you can keep the volume on 1 or 2 and it will be ok.