Page 4 of 235
I've been liking mortician lately, I dont know why to be honest. And does anyone like Visceral Bleeding?
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by mr kipling
I've been liking mortician lately, I dont know why to be honest. And does anyone like Visceral Bleeding?

We already went through this a few pages ago, Mortician are the epitome of stupid brutality and they pull it off perfectly and are one of the most fun Death/Grind bands to listen to.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by mr kipling

yeah, Absorbing the Disarray is a pretty good album, although like most tech/brutal death it bores me fairly quickly
Quote by MetalMessiah665
We already went through this a few pages ago, Mortician are the epitome of stupid brutality and they pull it off perfectly and are one of the most fun Death/Grind bands to listen to.

That sounds about right. And I find sometimes that they actually have some good tone going on, which is suprising.
And I havent really been able to see what all the fuss about necrophagia is.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Phlebotomized anyone? awesome prog death metal band. Immense Intense Suspense blows my mind. I have yet to hear SkyContact.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Disincarnate, james murphys band only 1 album "dreams of a carrion kind", has to be one of my Favourite death metal albums, james murphys a monster player
Quote by rebeltildeth87
hell yes. Nocturnus is a great band. I was reading something where Muhammed of Necrophagist listed Mike Davis as one of his biggest inspirations. Im actually listening to Nocturne in Bm right now. In response to Black Metals post, I prefer old school to the new. However there are some great newer bands. Spawn of Possession, Severed Savior, Decrepit Birth, Visceral Bleeding, Aeon, and Sleep Terror to name a few.
**** yes! why arent they known? nocturne in bm is a beautiful song.
Quote by necroscience13
Children of Bodom
Morbid Angel
Nocturnus
Death
Necrophagist

to name a few

Nocturnus is one of the greatest death metal bands that were forgotten. The Key and Thresholds are both astounding.

Other greats that were forgotten include: Autopsy, Phlebotomized, Desultory, Carnage, Demigod, Necrophobic, and Ceremony.

EDIT: forgot Hieronymus Bosch. The Human Abstract is awesome.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Last edited by bootyguard at Nov 29, 2008,
Death - Human. One of my favorites. Always will be.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Death > the rest of the whole genre.

I'm in a very Chuck Fanboy mode recently, some of you know I'm much more of a thrash fan, but Death - especially Human and Sound of Perseverance - did almost the exact type of metal I've been look for, to listen and to play.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
No they don't.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by freddaahh
Death > the rest of the whole genre.

I'm in a very Chuck Fanboy mode recently, some of you know I'm much more of a thrash fan, but Death - especially Human and Sound of Perseverance - did almost the exact type of metal I've been look for, to listen and to play.

When will you stop going on about them.
Quote by Ht666

Why would you?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

Quote by McGelie
Why would you?

Nah I like the band, it's something personal.
Oh, alright.

Flattening of Emotions is my favorite on that album.

Quote by Ht666

NEVER!

*masturbates to Lack of Comprehension*
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
NEVER!

*masturbates to Lack of Comprehension*

lulwut

*masterbates to Whitechapel*
Quote by Ht666
lulwut

*masterbates to Whitechapel*

...Shut the door on your way out

*climaxes to Voice of the Soul*
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
...Shut the door on your way out

*climaxes to Voice of the Soul*

Shiniamnignognaggalulwutemmurefolyfinurmom
I wouldn't say Cynic is death, but you have good taste. Try Martyr, you seem to like tech death.

Quote by Myung-trucci
I dont listen to much death metal, my favorites right now are Necrophagist, Atheist and Cynic.

From my previous posts you could guess what I'm about to recommend.

DEATH, nigga! You'll love Human and Sound of Perseverance.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by mr kipling
That sounds about right. And I find sometimes that they actually have some good tone going on, which is suprising.
And I havent really been able to see what all the fuss about necrophagia is.

If it wasn't for the bass that sounds literally like fuzz, Mortician would have very respectable and very heavy tone. Very meaty and rich.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I love how Mortician's bass often sounds like pitch shifted distorted farting, I think it just adds to their overall ridiculous brutality.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
The bass just reminds me of someone taking vinyl and putting it in a fiery meat grinder made of granite, then being chewed up and spoken by Randy Savage after he had ten liters of Jack Daniels.

Yeah.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Great description.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Dead Congregation, anyone?

I finally got around to checking out their full-length after being rec'd them here, and I'm giving it its second go 'round. It's pretty damn good.
Quote by Broadsword
Dead Congregation, anyone?

I finally got around to checking out their full-length after being rec'd them here, and I'm giving it its second go 'round. It's pretty damn good.

Yeah theres a few fans here. Album of 2008. So so so so good....
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Carcass rules!
Listen to Black Star and No love lost...my favorite death metal songs in absolute
Sicut erat in principio et nunc et semper
et in saecula saeculorum, amen.
Quote by Andy Gillespie
Carcass rules!
Listen to Black Star and No love lost...my favorite death metal songs in absolute

*sigh*

I Like being a pathologist,
hacking up corpses,
especially when they've just been exhumed!

Sound familiar? No? Didn't think so.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993

*sigh*

I Like being a pathologist,
hacking up corpses,
especially when they've just been exhumed!

Sound familiar? No? Didn't think so.

Reek of Putrefaction fucking slays!
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Recommended threads
Edge of Sanity ( 1 2 3 4 )
dead_shall_rise
Last post:
by NosferatuZodd09
Swarm Theory
Mudvayne_4_Life
Last post:
by Mudvayne_4_Life