Page 5 of 235
Born of Osiris, Winds of Plague, IWrestledABearOnce, The Red Chord... Those are the only big names I support. I love local death metal though.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Right...
*GOAT!kastrates*

So anyone listen to Entrafis?
The band I started a thread for?
And recommended to Slay twice?
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
Born of Osiris, Winds of Plague, IWrestledABearOnce, The Red Chord... Those are the only big names I support. I love local death metal though.

Three deathcore and one plain shit.

Only one of said three is good (WoP).

And, dminished Entrafis were okay.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I quite enjoy them, even though they're obviously not as goatlike as they could be.
Not really seeing the "funk" in them though.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Three deathcore and one plain shit.

Only one of said three is good (WoP).

And, dminished Entrafis were okay.

lol, I actually enjoy The Red Chord everyonce in awhile. Anyway, I'm listening to the album "Dechristianize" by Vital Remains for the first time all the way through, and I am rather impressed by it so far. I had listened to a couple of songs by them before, but I had no idea they were this good. I also saw them post a bulletin on myspace saying they were going to be touring with Deicide in February, but I don't think any dates have been announced yet.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by cliffemall123
lol, I actually enjoy The Red Chord everyonce in awhile. Anyway, I'm listening to the album "Dechristianize" by Vital Remains for the first time all the way through, and I am rather impressed by it so far. I had listened to a couple of songs by them before, but I had no idea they were this good. I also saw them post a bulletin on myspace saying they were going to be touring with Deicide in February, but I don't think any dates have been announced yet.

The drumming absolutely ruined that album. Dave Suzuki's lame ass sped up gravity blasts sound awful and make the whole thing sound monotonous as hell.

As for Ripping Corse: Fuck yes. Dreaming With the Dead is one of my favorite Death Metal albums, such interesting riffing.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
The drumming absolutely ruined that album. Dave Suzuki's lame ass sped up gravity blasts sound awful and make the whole thing sound monotonous as hell.

As for Ripping Corse: Fuck yes. Dreaming With the Dead is one of my favorite Death Metal albums, such interesting riffing.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that Dave's drumming is annoying, but I think his guitar work on the album is really good.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

Last edited by cliffemall123 at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by cliffemall123
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that Dave's drumming is annoying, but I think his guitar work on the album is really good.

No doubt, his guitar is fantastic, but not only is the drumming annoying, but it's also the way he did it. He played the drums like 1/4 speed because he's not a good drummer then sped them up a ton in the studio because they didn't want to pay a real drummer to record them.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
No doubt, his guitar is fantastic, but not only is the drumming annoying, but it's also the way he did it. He played the drums like 1/4 speed because he's not a good drummer then sped them up a ton in the studio because they didn't want to pay a real drummer to record them.

Well damn, that kind of dissapoints me. I understand if they didn't want to pay a real drummer, but if Dave wanted to play drums on the album he should atleast be able to actually play them.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by cliffemall123
Well damn, that kind of dissapoints me. I understand if they didn't want to pay a real drummer, but if Dave wanted to play drums on the album he should atleast be able to actually play them.

Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for Dave when I found that out.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for Dave when I found that out.

Yeah. He's still an excellent guitarist though.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by diminishedtobme
Recently got into Ripping Corpse, its awesome stuff. Shaune Kelley is a riff master.

Finally, the love for Ripping Corpse spreads... Dreaming With The Dead gets a playing from me at least once a day, probably in my top 5 death metal albums.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by cliffemall123

The production on that album kills pretty much everything. Bass is actually even more nonexistent than it usually is in metal. Cool leads, pretty meh riffs as far as I'm concerned.
Dechrisitanize isn't exactly rendered unlistenable by the production though. At least it has good songs, unlike the dire as fcuk follow up.
Quote by Broadsword
Dead Congregation, anyone?

I finally got around to checking out their full-length after being rec'd them here, and I'm giving it its second go 'round. It's pretty damn good.

Great album.

Flesh Consumed's recent full length was a good slammy take on the Immolation style.
Last edited by mortiis999 at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by webbtje
The production on that album kills pretty much everything. Bass is actually even more nonexistent than it usually is in metal. Cool leads, pretty meh riffs as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I noticed how the bass was pretty low in the mix, which kind of dissapoints me because I play bass. I like the leads on the album a lot though.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Last edited by cliffemall123 at Dec 18, 2008,
cannibal corpse
death
necrophagist
decapitated
visceral bleeding
kronos
deeds of flesh
odious mortem
brain drill

theres just a few that i like
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
IWrestledABearOnce.

How could you think they are Death Metal? hahaha
Quote by NecroJackson

brain drill

Last edited by mortiis999 at Dec 25, 2008,
Which Carcass era do you lot prefer? The Goregrind stuff or their more melodic side of things?

Oh also, why are Morbid Angel so great?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I prefer the in between stuff (Descanting the Insalubrious) But I love the entire disco. (save for Swansong)

And Morbid Angel are one of my most favoritist death metal bands eva.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I kind of consider Morbid Angel to be the first technical death metal band. They're usually not labelled technical death metal, but I think they were pretty technical for their time.
Quote by freddaahh
Which Carcass era do you lot prefer? The Goregrind stuff or their more melodic side of things?

Just listen to Altars of Madness.
Quote by freddaahh

My personal favorite is Necroticism: Iscantdgsd bla bla. Though Symphonies of Sickness is a close second.

I like the melodic albums too (yes, even Swansong), but I tend to think of them as different bands. Melodeath Carcass and Death/grind Carcass, and deathgrind Carcass is the better of the two.
Quote by freddaahh

If you cant realise the majesty of Morbid Angel soon after listening to them, theres not much point trying..... at least thats how I see it, but I am a Morbid Angel nut.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Top albums:

At the Gates The Red in the Sky is Ours - In my mind, this is as good as it gets, technically and compositionally adventurous metal that never trips over its own dick. A requiem symphony for a dying world, with a hopeful eye toward the world that could be born from its ashes.

Dismember Like an Everflowing Stream - Music this punishing shouldn't be able to convey such beauty. Simple and feral, but always hiding something wonderfully new within the mire.

Demilich Nespithe - Cryptic in conception, esoteric in approach - definitely one of the odder records in the genre. Constantly shifting textures and absurdist deep fried vocals make for a challenging listen that rewards the patient and befuddles the stupid.

Carnage Dark Recollections - A Swedish melodic sensibility married to the abrupt rhythmic dislocation of Florida's finest, combined with structural and compositional subtlety make this early Stockholm masterpiece an essential part of any serious death metal collection.

Deicide Deicide - Ruthless mythmaking that forges poetry from raw violence. Methamphetamine, Satan and the best vocal performance in the genre are what you'll find here.

Morbid Angel Blessed are the Sick - The definitive death metal album in that, more than any other record, it defined the template for genre in its mature form. When people think of death metal, this is the sound that comes to mind first.

Incantation Onward to Golgotha - A psychedelic sense of blasting riff science collides head on with leaden funeral dirges to create what remains one of the most genuinely extreme sounds to emerge from the underground.

Atheist Unquestionable Presence - Jazz harmony and classical structure combine to create perhaps the great masterwork of technical death metal.

Possessed Seven Churches - Despite sometimes unsteady percussion and inappropriate production values steeped in the speed metal from which it emerged, the extended phrasing and dark melodicism were years ahead of their time, and made this album the founding document of death metal.

Molested Blod-draum - As death metal collapsed into self-parody and black metal peaked the interest of the metal mainstream, Molested merged the structuralist logic and percussive precision of death metal with the melodic and textural nuance of bands like Enslaved and Immortal, pointing a way forward. Unfortunately, the gauntlet they threw down has yet to be picked up. Along with Gorguts' Obscura, this may be the last of the truly great death metal albums.
Quote by Stranglehold
If you cant realise the majesty of Morbid Angel soon after listening to them, theres not much point trying..... at least thats how I see it, but I am a Morbid Angel nut.

I have, they're absolutely amazing, Altars of Madness is just an utter classic, and Domination and Heretic are pretty close to Altars, too.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Purandara
Top albums:

At the Gates The Red in the Sky is Ours - In my mind, this is as good as it gets, technically and compositionally adventurous metal that never trips over its own dick. A requiem symphony for a dying world, with a hopeful eye toward the world that could be born from its ashes.

Dismember Like an Everflowing Stream - Music this punishing shouldn't be able to convey such beauty. Simple and feral, but always hiding something wonderfully new within the mire.

Demilich Nespithe - Cryptic in conception, esoteric in approach - definitely one of the odder records in the genre. Constantly shifting textures and absurdist deep fried vocals make for a challenging listen that rewards the patient and befuddles the stupid.

Carnage Dark Recollections - A Swedish melodic sensibility married to the abrupt rhythmic dislocation of Florida's finest, combined with structural and compositional subtlety make this early Stockholm masterpiece an essential part of any serious death metal collection.

Deicide Deicide - Ruthless mythmaking that forges poetry from raw violence. Methamphetamine, Satan and the best vocal performance in the genre are what you'll find here.

Morbid Angel Blessed are the Sick - The definitive death metal album in that, more than any other record, it defined the template for genre in its mature form. When people think of death metal, this is the sound that comes to mind first.

Incantation Onward to Golgotha - A psychedelic sense of blasting riff science collides head on with leaden funeral dirges to create what remains one of the most genuinely extreme sounds to emerge from the underground.

Atheist Unquestionable Presence - Jazz harmony and classical structure combine to create perhaps the great masterwork of technical death metal.

Possessed Seven Churches - Despite sometimes unsteady percussion and inappropriate production values steeped in the speed metal from which it emerged, the extended phrasing and dark melodicism were years ahead of their time, and made this album the founding document of death metal.

Molested Blod-draum - As death metal collapsed into self-parody and black metal peaked the interest of the metal mainstream, Molested merged the structuralist logic and percussive precision of death metal with the melodic and textural nuance of bands like Enslaved and Immortal, pointing a way forward. Unfortunately, the gauntlet they threw down has yet to be picked up. Along with Gorguts' Obscura, this may be the last of the truly great death metal albums.

This is the only post from an ANUSite I have ever agreed with fully.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Purandara
Top albums:

what's the source?
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Quote by train wreck
what's the source?

Him...?

Good list, I've never heard that Molested album, I'll check it out.
Cannabis corpse > Cannibal corpse
Dream Theater = "The auditory equivalent of masturbating into a cup and then smelling it."
Assuming I don't forget anything...and I really need new music...

Amon
Amorphis (Tales from the Thousand Lakes stuff)
Benediction
Bloodsoaked
Bolt Thrower
Broken Hope
Cannibal Corpse (Barnes for the most part...the only Corpsegrinder album I liked was Vile)
Cianide
Cryptopsy (Upto but nothing past And Then You'll Beg.../cry)
Death
Decrepitaph
Deeds of Flesh (earlier stuff)
Deicide (When the Hoffman bros were part of it)
Dismember
Exhumed
Ghoul
Gorguts
Hate Eternal (Nothing past King of All Kings)
Hypocrisy (early)
Incantation
Krisiun
Morbid Angel
Nile
Pestilence
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Last edited by undead_bunny at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by freddaahh

I prefer the Melodic Carcass.
The Goregrind stuff is good but, it doesn't give me the same feeling that the Melodic **** does.

Quote by mepmep
Death, Nile, and Necrophagist are some of my favorite bands. Any recomendations based on that?

Im more into tech death than brutal.

ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN! ORIGIN!

Did I say Origin?
"If an injury need to be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
- Niccolo Machiavelli
Bump. Really.

Why the lack of discussion? Damn it Death metal deserves better.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by webbtje
I should start plugging some. This will do.

That growl when the vocals kicked in made me fly out of my chair. This is good stuff.
I drink your milkshake.