well im lookin to get a new amp for x-mas/b-day. im lookin for a nice tube amp that isnt too huge or too small. but big enough so that it is possible to play with a few other guys. i play mostly all metal. bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold, atreyu, metallica, black sabbath, stuff like that. i want like a $450 max. suggestions?
Used B-52 At-112.
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
Quote by fenderaddict07
line 6 spider jam 75w

Nope.

Try to find a Randall RG50TC in your price range.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by synguitarist7x
so where could i find one of these bad boys?

ebay or craigslist

also look into jcm 900 combos

i doubt you'll find one for 450 but you never know and it doesnt hurt to look

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

well im looking to get something around $400 only because im already getting an xbox 360, and four games. so do the math and the a nice sized chunk of cash. so anything above $500 is out of the picture.

anything else?
Quote by synguitarist7x
well im looking to get something around $400 only because im already getting an xbox 360, and four games. so do the math and the a nice sized chunk of cash. so anything above $500 is out of the picture.

anything else?

Yo dude, if you didnt get the Xbox n the games, you could get a mad tight amp. like what is that 200 bucks, plus the 4 games = 400 more you could spend

With one grand, you'd be looking at mesa's n engls and other awesome amplifiers.

Guitar > Video games
Quote by Highwaytohell
Yo dude, if you didnt get the Xbox n the games, you could get a mad tight amp. like what is that 200 bucks, plus the 4 games = 400 more you could spend

With one grand, you'd be looking at mesa's n engls and other awesome amplifiers.

Guitar > Video games

actually, i should have said that better. my parents are getting me one game. so its like the $250 xbox + 1 game which = $300. family is getting the others.

and yes, i realize guitar > video games, but i still play them. and i wanted something new since i have a wii. which sucks.

plus on top of that my mom said she doesn't want to spend like a billion dollars on an amp. so my price ended up being somewhere in the area of $450.
Have not tried the Vypyr 60 so I can't say. I did like the 15 wattr for a practice amp.
Keep an eye on your local craigslist for the bugera or randall. Go try a valveking if you haven't yet. If you have to go new - it's decent IMO. *flamesheild up*

Edit: Or used Ultra as IP rec'd.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Check out some Valvekings. When I go to a guitar shop, that's what I normally plug into because I'm most likely to own one one day.
UG's AC/DC Lover
well ive got a question. what kind of wattage should i be looking at for what im using it for? playing in my room, sometimes playing with some friends, maybe getting a band together.