i got a problem with my radio is not reading my cd's i didnt have this problem before

so i tested a bunch of other cd's to see if the cd was the problem but is not even if i dont have a cd inside the car radio it says cd error

im trying to look for some messages or someone with similar problem to troubleshoot it but i cant seem to find anything i have a 2005 volvo s60 with a stock radio that came with the car

i have a few options

get a cd cleaner and shove it up my radio but i dont have one at the moment and the error is there even if no cd is inside radio

get a new radio if i buy a new radio im worry i might lose the controls i have on the steering wheel that allows me to switch songs and increase the volume and i have to buy the faceplate plus radio plus cables im kind of short of money

has anybody replace their car radio and retained the controls in the steering wheel? if so which radio do you buy for that or how do you know if the radio your buying will work with your car controls

can anybody help me find some info in trying to fix this or some advice?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
take to car radio guy?

im broke man i got to wait till january right now i got 400 dollars in my account and about 1000 in my savings which i dont want to touch
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash