Okay, so I started saving up money from my minimum wage job to get a new guitar. And since my birthday and X-Mas are both coming up I should have no trouble with having the money soon. The question is, what guitar do I want?

I have narrowed my choices down to three guitars, all by Schecter:

- Hellraiser C-1 FR ($850)
- C-1 FR Custom w/ White Invaders ($875)
- Synyster Custom ($1000)

I would get it from from DCGL because I have no idea how to change the tuning on a Floyd Rose, and they set it up to your specifications on order, and I need (want) Drop D tuning.

I mostly leaning toward the last two I mentioned because the Seymour Duncan Invaders in them will give me the Avenged Sevenfold Sound.

Just trying to get opinions.

Help me out?
Well pickups do make a difference. If I was to replace the amp I would get a Line6. A hellraiser would be great for metal, but wouldn't exactly nail the Avenged Sevenfold tone. My amp is a Behringer V-Tone 60W (2x10" speakers). The gain and distortion in it is terrible, which is why I got a BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. I'm getting a half-decent sound out of it.
IMO, sound is composed of:

60% amp

30% pickups

10% guitar wood and bridge type
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Well that doesn't really answer my original question (What guitar should I get?). I'm kinda really close to just cancelling out the Hellraiser. EMG's aren't too special, and Duncans will give me the Avenged Tone. So I'm probably gonna go with the C-1 FR Custom because the difference between it and the Synyster Custom are the looks. And that's not too important. Also, I kinda don't wanna look I'm a Synyster wanna-be impersonator guy (Even though I am lol, that explains the desperate need for the Duncan invaders.)

So it turns out I answered my own question. Sorry about this waster of a thread. But still w/o you guys' opinions I wouldn't have answered my own question.

But still, opinions, comments, and thoughts are welcome. Conversation is fun.
With your current amp, new one and fast.

You want Avenged's tone?

Get a good tube amp or a really good SS amp.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by EVH92
IMO, sound is composed of:

60% amp

30% pickups

10% guitar wood and bridge type

wat.

please stop making numbers up.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
Alright, so it turns out I've officially decided to get the Hellraiser C-1 FR. I just love the EMGs, and they will work great for divebombs and they have many tonal possibilities. I also needed a guitar with pickups that have a high output so that my tapping can actually be heard. I'm getting it in white just cuz it looks more like Syn's. =P

So now there are 3 things in the upcoming week and a half I can't wait for. The guitar, my new laptop, and TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA CONCERT BITCH!! They are just flat out awesome.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
I dont get the syn obsession, but thats great you found the right guitar.

I'm also not understanding the desire for the big practice amp. You're not getting the point of EMGs on a solid state amp.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by 5th_fret
wat.

please stop making numbers up.

1. He said it was in his opinion.

2. Those numbers are just about right on.

3. TS, I'd look at a better amp than the Line6. It won't really give you the a7x tone.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Why would you want to base your gear decisions off getting someone else's tone? It seems really poser-ish to me. I'm assuming you also chose the brand because of A7X's affiliation with it, not because they make great guitars. Also, as said, more of your tone comes from your amp than your actual guitar... if you want a certain tone, the amp would be a better place to start.
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
1. He said it was in his opinion.

2. Those numbers are just about right on.

3. TS, I'd look at a better amp than the Line6. It won't really give you the a7x tone.

Thats not true just because you say so. You are ignoring factors like neck type (neck through and set-in conduct vibrations through the neck better thank bolt-on), what kind of speakers, the construction of the cabinet (solid wood? particle board? plywood?), quality of cabling, and so on.
Quote by Food_for_funk
neck through and set-in conduct vibrations through the neck better thank bolt-on
Bull****, practically there is no difference.
To TS, dont buy new guitar, it will sound like **** anyway, replace your crappy amp, then think about the guitar, and, without having at least $3000 do not even think of sounding like Synyster.
Quote by r4ster
Bull****, practically there is no difference.
To TS, dont buy new guitar, it will sound like **** anyway, replace your crappy amp, then think about the guitar, and, without having at least $3000 do not even think of sounding like Synyster.

Uh yeah, there's a BIG difference.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Uh yeah, there's a BIG difference.

Oh yeah, thats why Malmsteen, Vai, Petrucci, satriani, EVH all use Bolt ons, to have less sustain, makes ****ing sense, yeah.
You are wrong I am right, just face it. There were like milions of proofs, that in fact Bolt on > rest .
Quote by r4ster
Oh yeah, thats why Malmsteen, Vai, Petrucci, satriani, EVH all use Bolt ons, to have less sustain, makes ****ing sense, yeah.
You are wrong I am right, just face it. There were like milions of proofs, that in fact Bolt on > rest .

I'm sorry, you are actually right.

I apologize for being a douchbag and promise to take my penis out of my mouth before posting.

Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'm sorry, you are actually right.

I apologize for being a douchbag and promise to take my penis out of my mouth before posting.

Appologies accepted, oh wait, I smell sarcasm.
Its kinda great, that you base on your not fully working brain, without assuring, but if you had done some researches, you would notice, that I am right.
http://liutaiomottola.com/myth/neckJointSustain.htm

and, to quote mr. Flibble

Actually this has been proven many times to be completely wrong, neck-throughs provide less sustain than a setneck or a well made bolt-on join.

And it stands to reason when you think about it. A neck-trhough is basically a setneck, but there's more wood coming in from the neck, so that means more sustain right? Wrong, because to make room for that extra wood from the neck, you have to take wood out of the body. Often, you have to cut the body clear in half and glue it on either side of the neck black. Really with a neck-through, all you're getting is a setneck with even more glue involved to dull the tone!

Then there's the fact if they break, a neck-through is basically screwed, it's often cheaper to buy a whole new guitar than repair a neck-through. Then there's the dynamic response, which is killed by a neck-through.

The one big advantage neck-throughs can have though, is fret access. With a neck-through, the majority of the neck/bopdy join is within the body itself, so there's rarely any need for a big hunk of wood up where the neck meets the body around the higher frets. For people wanting to get maximum fret access (usually for playing fast shred high up on the guitar), nothing beats a neck-through, because for all it's faults, no setneck or bolt-on can hope to match a neck-through's fret access.

For you though, since you said you're not worried about fret access and only care for the tone... setneck would be far better. More sustain, better dynamic response. What would be even better is if you could make a really good bolt-on neck, but sadly a badly made bolt-on join will kill sustain and response even more than a neck-through, so that's risky if you can't be 100% sure you'll get a perfect join.

Edit: Touche ?
Last edited by r4ster at Nov 28, 2008,
Actually, right before ordering, I made the last minute decision to go with the C-1 Custom FR, with black invaders. I figured I was going with the hellraiser cuz of all u ppl calling me a poser and ****. But it turns out, why should I give a rat's ass wut u think?

Now don't say to me "Then wut'd u post this bulletin for?". I posted it because I wanted opinions on the quality and I didn't get much of that.

And since I want to get as close to Syn's tone as I can, I stuck with what I ordered. And I still look to getting a new amp in the near future. Maybe not the Line6, but maybe crate?

I'm looking for about 120W (cuz my current amp has 60W, and doubling the power sounds like a good idea to me), and something with good built-in distortion. A combo amp though. Any ideas?

My price range is up to $500. (not much variety is there?) =P
Save Gibson

Quote by a7xsteve
Actually, right before ordering, I made the last minute decision to go with the C-1 Custom FR, with black invaders. I figured I was going with the hellraiser cuz of all u ppl calling me a poser and ****. But it turns out, why should I give a rat's ass wut u think?

Now don't say to me "Then wut'd u post this bulletin for?". I posted it because I wanted opinions on the quality and I didn't get much of that.

And since I want to get as close to Syn's tone as I can, I stuck with what I ordered. And I still look to getting a new amp in the near future. Maybe not the Line6, but maybe crate?

I'm looking for about 120W (cuz my current amp has 60W, and doubling the power sounds like a good idea to me), and something with good built-in distortion. A combo amp though. Any ideas?

You don't need 120 watts...doubling power does not equate to doubling volume...

...having said that for a bit more a Bugera 6262 is right up your street, and it just so happens to be 120 watts.

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6260%20212%202x12%20Guitar%20Combo%20Amplifier_-1_10052_10002_-49989977_cmCategorySA181984
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 29, 2008,
Quote by a7xsteve

You haven't entered the wonderful world of tube amps, have you? You can get a 30 watt tube amp that'll be louder than the 120w spider. If you're willing to go used, they're plenty of options.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by steven seagull
You don't need 120 watts...doubling power does not equate to doubling volume...

...having said that for a bit more a Bugera 6262 is right up your street, and it just so happens to be 120 watts.

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6260%20212%202x12%20Guitar%20Combo%20Amplifier_-1_10052_10002_-49989977_cmCategorySA181984

well thats just a head, and its already over $500. If it was a combo or half stack then it would work.

My current amp is a Behringer V-TONE GMX210 60W (2x10"). I bought a BOSS MT-2 metal zone to get distortion (probably should've just gotten the distortion pedal though). So maybe if i can just get a better tone out of it (maybe a better pedal) i can hold off on a newer amp for a while. im not in any bands or performing any gigs right now so its not too important. im more of a hobbyist right now. looking to get in a band though.
Save Gibson

oh wait sorry my mistake. lol. u told me a Bugera 6262, when its a 6260. i searched for bugera 6262 in google and found it was a head, but the link u gave me is a combo. sorry. well kinda a mistake by both of us. but anyway its nice. im still gonna hold off on a new amp and see if i can just get better tone out of my current set-up. (read my previous post).
Save Gibson

No no no, you don't get it. The amp is most of your tone. PRetty much any amp (save a Line 6 spider, Marshall MG, or Fender Frontman) is better sounding than the one you have now. Seriously, you'll be better off going for the amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.