I was wondering if anybody could tell me how you create a bass boost. The kind that bands like Whitechapel, Job For a Cowboy, Carnifex, Suicide Silence, As Blood Runs Black, ect use. I'm not sure if it's an effect pedal that you hook up to a bass guitar, a synthesizer, or what. I just went to a Whitechapel concert when they were on tour with Unearth, The Acacia Strain, Gwen Stacy, and Protest the Hero, and Gwen Stacy and Whitechapel used a lot of big bass boosts.
I think the title most common for them is "bass drops." My band used them when we went into the studio and that's what the engineer called them.

Anyway, normally they are made on a computer in program like Fruity Loops/whatever, and it is normally a synth-type sound.

To trigger it live, bands normally give the drummer or the vocalist a MIDI controller that sets off the MIDI synth sound assigned to the controller.

How to create one though, I'm not sure. My best guess is to find a deep digital synthesizer, drop it down a few octaves from what you tune to and crank the bass.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

They usually have a separate electronic drum pad that triggers the sound clip of the bass boom that was made in the studio.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
synth and some way to sample it. my drummer has the roland spd-s and it has a bass boost preset. but theres pleanty online to download from looping programs and such that DJ's use for mixing. maybe some sort of bass synth and could get the sound you want or a mix of different pedals
Get a Matt Bellamy guitar. Basically a guitar with on board effects and a kaos pedal built in it.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??