I was wondering if the Peavey Valveking stack could deliver the clean sounds of something similiar to John Mayer. I have a solo project going where I do more of a blues-pop/acoustic style similar to John Mayer and I was wondering if the cleans are good for his playing. Then I also play with a couple friends and play stuff like GNR, Clapton, and a bunch of classic rock and my friend uses the same Valveking stack and I really like his tone. So will the Valveking's cleans work for John Mayer?
I really have no idea but you said the valveking stack..

if you're getting a half-stack.. don't buy the cabinet.. peavey have some good amps but the speakers suck.

if you buy a combo then you're going to want to change the speakers.
yea id just try one out. I have a have a peavey VK100 head, and I personally think you can get the cleans to sound pretty descent. I mean your dealing with a inexpensive all tube amp, so some people might not agree, but i think for the money its does a pretty good job. Far as mayer cleans, i dunno, don't listen to him much if at all, but i'd imagine you could find something to your liking. I think im going to sell my VK, for the simple fact i wanna do more metal, and i bought a 5150 for that. . i also have another small amp for cleans, and a guitar program i can plug into if i so choose. Can't afford to keep em all, haha. If interested in the head i have, lemme know in a PM, and make an offer. It has never been gigged, i just tootle around as hobby, and its been kept in immaculate shape and fully works.
Quote by soBLINKad
why don't you ask your friend or try it out yourself?

A- My friend hates John Mayer and wouldn't know a single song by him.

and

B- His basement flooded this summer and he has had it in storage for like 4-5 months and I forget what the cleans were like since the last time I played it.
Quote by Roedy0309
A- My friend hates John Mayer and wouldn't know a single song by him.

and

B- His basement flooded this summer and he has had it in storage for like 4-5 months and I forget what the cleans were like since the last time I played it.

so he wouldn't let you come over and try it out? bummer...

Head out to guitar center or sam ash and try one out. it can get a lot of different sounds and do them pretty well.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!