I'm not sure whether this goes in the songwriting section er whateve, but this is my best guess.
Anyways:
I'm writing a song, It's a solo bass/excersize thing atm and I have one track playing chords and another playing a tapping pattern with it. Now, I'm wondering, with the chord progression I have, would I be able to make a logical vocal melody?

Verse:
|Bm / / / | F#m / / / | D / / / | B5 / B9 / | (x2 er 4)

Chorus:
Bm / / / | B5 / B9 / | C#m / / / | F#5 / B5 / |(x2 er 4)

So is this a logical progression to have with a vocal melody? Am I over-thinking this? Haha, sorry, it's late and I'm tired, but I really wanted to hop on and ask.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Yeah, I just realized the chorus is just a some-what glorified II-V-I.
And yeah the verse'll be easy to deal with.
Tanks for the reassurance =D
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Theres whole books written on writing effective melody writing. I doubt whether anyone could write an indepth post about it anytime soon. The way classical guys teach melody writing is up there with modes and other complicated stuff

If you wait a couple of weeks I'll finish writing my article (it's basically all my melody writing notes put into real sentences). I'll be happy to help you out in the meantime though

And about your progression. It's a nice progression, but it doesnt really resolve and so it would be a little more difficult to write vocal melody over it.
I see some resolution but haven't played it so don't know. The verse seems to revolve around the idea of Bm chord tones. The verse looks to basically be I ii V I.

Play it over and over and listen for the melody. Hum a melody and work it out.

Good Luck
Si