You know, I've been wondering about this for a long time...

Why don't we make a compilation of the best songs of T&C?

At times I want to hear certain genres of songs from here, but without having to go for every thread of said genre, risking it not being as good as I expected or not being the actual genre, etc..

So why not have a thread for best death metal songs of T&C, then another thread for best rock songs, then another thread for best solos, then another one for best basslines, etc?

Like, if you want to hear the best of something from UG (tabs at least), you can hear it here?

We could make it like the T&C competitions, but without composing new stuff and only searching in your PC for old stuff you've forgotten about (new stuff too), etc..

Maybe we could even make threads for the best of each user (or regular, we can put a limit for songs posted or something)..

Then we could make a sticky with links to all of these threads, so if you want to see good tabs from T&C you can go search there...

I dunno, it's that at times I want to hear some blues or jazz or songs with good solos in here, but or I can't find the threads while searching, or I just cba searching through so much songs and listening to every one of them...
I agree, one user should compile a grand list of all winning and honorable mentions in the T&C competitions. for all users to enjoy. Just break it down into categories instead of having so many threads.

Something like, "Ultimate Omega T&C Winners Songs and Honorable Mentions Thread of Awesome Excellence," would suffice.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
also include the first, second, and third place winners of each competition we have had
I like this idea.

That's my only contribution but yes.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Brilliant idea!
It sounds like it would definitely work!

In Songwriting and Lyrics (I'm no regular there), there are competition and "Best Pieces" review threads, etc.
although, it's a great idea, no one wants to look through all the songs to find the good ones. it's just not gonna happen. :/
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Man, I tried to do something like this a while ago. It failed completely.

Anyone remember the UG's Best Powertabs thread?
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Nov 19, 2008,
Quote by Its_Rock77
although, it's a great idea, no one wants to look through all the songs to find the good ones. it's just not gonna happen. :/

Isn't that the point of submitting the songs, though? So the good ones ARE found? Like he said, it would work as comp. except with existing songs. Therefor, chances are the ones that are selected will be the good ones. If that's what he was proposing, anyways. I could be way off.

This is a good idea, although if you were to create a thread for every regular and subdivision of music like you planned, there would be soooo many threads. If it was condensed into a single thread with different posts belonging to those divisions rather than threads (and perhaps this thread could be stickied?), it would work better and be far easier to keep track of. Although, the organization beforehand would be tricky.

And what constitutes a 'regular'? I've submitted 18 songs in almost the course of a year, sometimes with a month's gap between songs, whereas there's other folks (like Slay) who've submitted 50 billion ( ) in half that time.
you're definitely a regular.

I'd like to say I'm a regular.

good idea. I like the thought of keeping track of the good songs and giving them more expose than the 2 weeks they stay on the first three pages (and thus in most collective forum memories).

The people saying "sure, but ain't gonna happen, nobody is going to look through all the stuff to collect the good ones" do have a point, though I doubt it would work that way. Rather than that, bring attention to your cause and call upon the (few?) forum members that have a longer attention span, so they -do- remember some of their favorites from ages past, and submit them to the collection. "Harvesting" the search archives can work, in a limited scope, if you are looking for a specific favorite genre, for example (like "death" or something), look into the threads, see what got good reviews, listen for yourself and recommend it if you like it. At least that's how I handle it. Downside of course this excludes some pieces that weren't properly genre-tagged in their thread title.
But what works best for me is that by observing the material here for some time I quickly pick up what composers do deliver constant quality material, and follow their back-catalog, that's how I get most good stuff that I like.

Another way to circumvent the "nobody is going to look through the whole archive"-thing is if you at least start NOW with the collecting, that is, all the stuff that is submitted at least from now on. If it gets enough good reviews in their threads, it gets a link in the compilation thread. Might want to ask to sticky this thread for this purpose, otherwise people will forget it again anyways.
Quote by Ailes
for future reference, you should probably do the user-friendly thing and provide a link if to the song you're suggesting. Makes it easier for everyone

Here you go, Mr. Grumpy Gills.
Keep it all in one thread. A thread for every genre would be ridiculous, they would eventually just work there way to the last page of the forum.

We can have one thread which stays neatly organised. Also, that way it is more likely to get stickied.
I was saying the "a thread for every genre" because we could make a competition for each genre/type/etc, and disscuss which songs to include in the compliation, just as we would disscuss all these competitions we are having...

I was thinking of more like a competition, or at least some judging from all (or the ones that post) users from T&C to see if a song posted is "good" enough for keeping in the compilation.

Quote by Its_Rock77

You mean like me searching for other users songs?

I was thinking more like in, you post your songs, you search your songs and post the ones you think are "good" depending on the thread/genre/idea...

Then depending on how many songs people post the places left in the compilation (the more songs, the more places). We just vote if the song should be there or not...

I guess that the "searching for other users' songs" thing could work too, since if the best songs from T&C are from people that no longer visit UG it would be a waste for the compilation.

Quote by Broadsword
And what constitutes a 'regular'? I've submitted 18 songs in almost the course of a year, sometimes with a month's gap between songs, whereas there's other folks (like Slay) who've submitted 50 billion ( ) in half that time.

WEll, we could use a compilation from the best of each user, but if the user only posted 1 song it would be kinda pointless..

I was saying it because there are lots of people that post a song every week, and if you like said people's work it is kind of difficult to keep up with his stuff, specially when searching for his songs, etc.
OR we could just vote which people we want to make a compilation of..

WEll, if this thing is actually done, then we could keep all songs (or links to the ones already posted in here) in only 1 thread (a sticky one better)
Quote by gonzaw

I was thinking more like in, you post your songs, you search your songs and post the ones you think are "good" depending on the thread/genre/idea...

I like this idea. now it all makes sense.

every user posts their own "good" songs and everyone chooses the best of the best.

I think that two of my songs qualify as good.

Yeah, could be...

But it would not be too organized, and "judging" and trying to see with songs are in and which ones are out of their respective genres would be much difficult.
This assuming there'll be a lot of entries, if they are 10 then I don't mind (although the more the merrier)
Thx Reddeath9 for considering me, but i'm personally not too fond of that particular song anymore (It's quite ****ty actually)... Any chance you could put up another one of my songs?
Well I dunno, those were my favorites from you. I remember listening to Seraphs, it was good, but I don't think it's one of the best songs here...