07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

sounds like power amp tubes but it may just be an EQ thing. Have you messed with that?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
If you aren't getting weird fluctuations or crackling I'd guess a preamp tube, probably not V1 if it wasn't very drastic.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
A volume drop usually implies the power tubes have gone.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
First question you need to answer is how old are the tubes? If you've been running them for quite awhile, then there's a good chance they need to be changed. Pre-amp tubes really don't work all that hard. It's the power amp tubes that work hard and wear out the fastest. Start with them, if they're old, and chances are that will take care of the problem.
i had new ones but i blew both and replaced them witht he original 1997 tubes and its still the same lol

anyway how long does tube depot take to ship i have an audition friday!

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

I think they do expedited shipping for an extra charge. They are located in TN and whenever I order with standard shipping they get here in 2-3 business days.
Okay, so we're talking about an amp that's at least 11 years old. I think I'd do a complete retube. Does your amp have fixed bias, or does it need to be manually set? If it's not fixed, make sure you set it after replacing the power tubes.
How did you blow the other set?
Quote by KG6_Steven
Okay, so we're talking about an amp that's at least 11 years old. I think I'd do a complete retube. Does your amp have fixed bias, or does it need to be manually set? If it's not fixed, make sure you set it after replacing the power tubes.
How did you blow the other set?

i retubed it in early july and i cranked it everyday in the summer for like 4 hours at at ime lol (nobody was home and life was ballin)

so the preamp tubes are newand not blown and the power amp are now originals but i just orderded a pair of jj's from tubedpot so they'll be here soon lol

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

They're usually VERY fast for me, but I live in Tennessee. If you order tonight, they should ship tomorrow, and may be there Thursday.

EDIT: Got your post in before mine.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Good luck and just make sure that you bias those tubes!!! If you don't and the bias is set too high, the new ones won't last too long. Set too low, it can make your amp sound like crap, but the tubes will outlive you. Good luck on your audition.
I highly suggest you look through that page I left you, at the least the part on biasing. Fender made these amps very easy to bias so there's no reason you shouldn't do it. All you need a 10 dollar multimeter from radioshack and a slotted screw driver. It shouldn't take more than five or ten minutes.
Biasing is very easy, just beware of the caps.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by Kevin Saale
You can bias that amp, here's a great site:

http://studentweb.eku.edu/justin_holton/

thanks i appreciate it

but question

what tubes should i buy as a backup set for my splawn when it comes. just want to be sure lol ive heard great things about ehx and ruby tubes

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

What kind of tubes does it use? If 6L6s, Tung-Sol seems to be a good all-round brand.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Not sure on the splawn.

One little tip I have for biasing to make it safer is to clip the black tester lead to the chassis (I crimped an alligator clip on the end of mine) so that way you only have on hand in the amp and there's less chance for the current to go through your chest (which could stop your heart) even if you do touch one of the caps.
Quote by TNfootballfan62
What kind of tubes does it use? If 6L6s, Tung-Sol seems to be a good all-round brand.

el34's

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

I use electro harmonix. Sometimes you can find these really cheap and they sound just as good as any of the others.