Poll: With a GK MIDI pickup, can a guitarist adequately fill the role of a "keyboardist"?
Poll Options
View poll results: With a GK MIDI pickup, can a guitarist adequately fill the role of a "keyboardist"?
Yes
1 10%
Yes, but for stuff like longer piano parts the PU's sensitivity/action won't yield prime results.
3 30%
No
6 60%
Voters: 10.
Since I'm not that good at guitar it's hard to determine the answer to this question.

But can a guitarist armed with a GK MIDI pickup adequately replace the role of a keyboardist? Keep tapping in mind, as that gets close to keyboard action.

This probably wouldn't be the case in a jazz band, but let's say progressive metal and industrial.

The usage I'm talking here is taking a GK, plugging it into a GI-20 which then plugs in via MIDI to a synthesizer keyboard or to a computer (with its soft synths) via USB.
Last edited by G.9 at Nov 17, 2008,
I think that pickup is for recording your own MIDI tracks, then you can access your guitar MIDI sound on a keyboard MIDI library.
Quote by st.stephen
I think that pickup is for recording your own MIDI tracks, then you can access your guitar MIDI sound on a keyboard MIDI library.

You could play live, just plug in via GI-20 which controls a keyboard or a soft synth.