My local Chilis Restaraunt is currently hiring, and they're looking for bus-boys and dish washers. I really need a job and i'm most likely going to go apply tomorrow. Just a couple of things first: Does anyone have any experience with Chilis/the food industry, and should I still go for it? Also, do I still get paid at least minimum wage for working as a bus-boy or a dishwasher? For some reason I could have sworn that I heard somewhere that you don't.

Any help would be great
Quote by Fire_At_Will555
My local Chilis Restaraunt is currently hiring, and they're looking for bus-boys and dish washers. I really need a job and i'm most likely going to go apply tomorrow. Just a couple of things first: Does anyone have any experience with Chilis/the food industry, and should I still go for it? Also, do I still get paid at least minimum wage for working as a bus-boy or a dishwasher? For some reason I could have sworn that I heard somewhere that you don't.

Any help would be great

Uh, yeah. Minimum and that's probably it.
You're*
bus boys/dish washers make minimum wage, waiters are paid less but make tips.

I worked at a restaurant when I was in HS, it sucked, badly, barely made enough money to cover gas and pretty much hated working there. So I quit.
Quote by st.stephen
Ask to be a cook if you can, dishwashing sucks major ass, I know.

I forgot to mention that they are also looking for cooks. Do they only make minimum wage as well or do they make a tad bit more?
Quote by Fire_At_Will555
I forgot to mention that they are also looking for cooks. Do they only make minimum wage as well or do they make a tad bit more?

they tend to make a little more, but you almost always need experience. Working in the restaurant industry sucks, but if you need a job you should take it, and if you are nice and whatnot the waiters will split tips with you.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
you likely would be put in at buser or dish washer at first, but idk how old you are
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
oh yeah, and you have to be 18 to be a cook anyway.

That sucks, you don't have to be 18 to cook where I live, otherwise 3/4 of the kids at my old high school wouldn't have jobs.
Work retail man, then you get to watch hot chicks walk by in the mall.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by st.stephen
That sucks, you don't have to be 18 to cook where I live, otherwise 3/4 of the kids at my old high school wouldn't have jobs.

I don't think it's necessarily a law, but most places won't let you because of the liability.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have personally made it a point to never work at any restaurant.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
i've worked in restaurants for years i love it. i made great money. i was a bus boy for about a year and a half at a red robin. you basically just bull**** all day. its a great place to meet girls. the hostesses are always hot.
You get paid at least minimum wage at any job you would work at, unless your a waiter they dont get paid minimum because they get tips during their shift and thats kinda factored into your wage. Anyway on the job experince note I have been a busboy before it was cool for like a week cause it was my first job then I absolutley hated it for the rest of the time I was there.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
dude its prolly a **** job, but they make good food and I am sure you'll get a 50% discount or free meals so just do it until you get something better. Look in the classifieds every week and keep them as a reference. The turnover is probably high anyways so I doubt they'll be pissed if you put in your notice when you get a new job.

tl/dr Eat awesome chilis food at cheap or free cost and make a bit of $$ while doing it til you get somethin better.
I work at a locally owned restaurant as a dish-washer/bus boy. I get paid minimum wage plus a small portion of tips. Both jobs are very simple, but also really fast-paced, and it can get somewhat overwhelming, especially since I'm still new. To be honest, its kind of a ****ty job, but the people are pretty cool and as cheesy as it sounds, I feel like ****ty jobs like this do build character. And I get 50% off meals, but only when I'm on break. Cooks here make $14-15 an hour, which is not bad at all.

Overall, I say go for it, but expect it to be a temporary job. I dont think I'll stick with this job any longer than a couple months, I work at a breakfast place so I sometimes have to start at 7 or 8 in the morning. I only work weekends, so its tough to come in that early after a night of excessive drugs and alcohol
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
dishwashing at a chillies sucks, i know a guy who works at one, his shifts would last till like 4 am. i used to work at applebees myself. being a buser is your better bet of the two mentioned(buser or dishpit). busing will more than likely get a tip out.(tip out is getting a % of the tips the servers make but without the bulls*** they put up with) being a cook or working on the expo line(getting plates ready) can be really crazy, so thats not a good idea if you don't handle stress well.
MY GEAR
Vox AC50Cp2
Behringer V-AMPIRE lX1200H
Behringer BG412F Half Stack
PEAVEY ENVOY 112
DIGITECH RP80
DIGITECH DEGIDELAY
ART & LUTHERIE Electric-Acoustic
Godin Freeway EMG
FENDER Standard Tele
YAMAHA Strat
Don't work in a f*cking restaurant, this is a really sincere suggestion. I spent 2 and a half years working as a cook, dishwasher, server, and prep in 6 different restaurants, each one awful. I will starve and go homeless before going back there, and this is no joke. Get a job at a small retail outlet or something, somewhere where you don't get filthy. But, IF YOU MUST work at a restaurant, be nothing more than a dishwasher or bus boy. While working both of these you'll develop the desire to work as a cook in the kitchen, but it isn't what you'll think it is. Dishwashing/bussing is the least stressful jobs in the kitchen.
The chili's near me was great until the owners refused to pay public holiday wages and would make their employees come in and sit around for an hour or two without pay and then the owners ran away when they were told my court to pay it.

Buy yeah go for it.
Some of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen worked at a Chili's in Sacramento. But yeah, every food service job I've had (3) pays at least minimum wage. And also, working in a restaurant sucks.
Quote by gangsta4life
Oh i did that and I crapped out of my urethra. Its really not that big of a deal.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
The best thing Ive gotten out of working at a restaurant is realizing how amazingly easy my old job was. I was a courtesy clerk at Safeway. Got paid almost as much, had a 15 minute break every 3 hours, minimum (god bless unions, even ****ty ones like Safeway's still make things so much better), got paid 1.5x on Sundays, and basically had the simplest and least demanding job in the world. If nothing else, this restaurant job makes me feel a lot better about working back at Safeway during winter break and summer. Working at restaurants is so stressful, dont do it unless you're capable of mentally separating yourself from all the stress, and can keep yourself from taking things personally. Because people will rag on you one way or another, whether you do something wrong or not. In a stressful environment, its kind of just something that has to happen.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)