ive been playing guitar since i was 9, (im 14 now) and i decided i wanted to get a bass, i watched a bunch of bootsy collins videos and i just had to get one.

so luckilly i had enough money saved up to get a fender jazz bass (the mexico one) and a 15W fender amp, and ive been having so much fun.

i learnt how to play the mario underground theme, and cant stop.

it is champy.
Welcome to the magical world of bass. I'm only fifteen and I know what you're talking about.

If you like videogames, you'll have fun playing those tunes quite a bit.
Bootsy Collins? Nice. I think you're the first person I've ever heard say that he influenced them to play bass.

It seems like you're off to a good start, congrats dude.
Nope, no sig here.
Agreed. Welcome to bass and have fun!
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
playing bass is dang fun

Helllll yeah it is,

it's good to know we have another bassist to join our ranks
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Mutant Corn
Bootsy Collins? Nice. I think you're the first person I've ever heard say that he influenced them to play bass.

Flea?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by Mutant Corn

all he's ever inspired me to do is avoid stars. I love the mans basslines, but the man looks like he got dressed a group of 3 year old girls.
and fuzz just isn't my thing for funk- fuzz alt rock all the way.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by sonsie
Flea?

What about him?
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

bootsy was one of his influences i think his main one
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Welcome to the low side and the forums. You have picked up the force that moves the universe and the feet on the dance floor.

Here's your Bootsy Collins quote for today:

"We are all human and I want to relate that message to all people"
Oh Daym son!

Nice!

it's wierd.

When I first started playing, it was because my fingers where too clumsy for guitar to be any use, or to play long enough without frustration to keep going

but once I got myself a Bass my Bass teacher was showing me Sabbath.

my Music teacher was showing me Hendrix

and I had found some of my mothers old Vinyl's. James Brown, Parliament, Funkadelic, and The Beatles, where the ones I listened to most

so these all kept me interested in Bass and has developed into what alot of people tell me is a. "Unique style" that they Kind of dig.

so I say, Yay!, and listen to every funkin' thing you can!
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"