Page 1 of 2
does that mean the mainstream public has garnered a new found interest in great guitar players?
With some people i would say yes they actually get into actually learning about the instrument and all the great players but I hate the people that think theyre fans of GNR just because they know SCOM or Welcome to the Jungle, thats the only dumb part I think.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
No. Guitar Hero hardly has 'the great guitar players'. They have some, but guitarists like Steve Vai and Frank Gambale will never cheapen themselves to appear on this stupid game.
Quote by BGSM
No. Guitar Hero hardly has 'the great guitar players'. They have some, but guitarists like Steve Vai and Frank Gambale will never cheapen themselves to appear on this stupid game.

uhhh, you can purchase a steve vai song on guitar hero. i believe it's for the love of god.
It's a good introduction for the general public, but it should never be confused for an actual understanding of the instrument or its players.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
So Joe Satriani cheapened himself? o_o

I don't see what's wrong with having them appear on a game, its no means cheapening them. Heck, if you were a musician, wouldn't you want to be known more? :P Even if by a crowd of wannabes, you'll still be known more :O
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
ummm I actually started guitar because of GH...

*uses rainy day to weaken flame attacks*
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by Victor Escobar
nope.You want proof look at GH4s setlist

you can buy it from the market place on xbox live. idk if you can get it for GH4, but you can get it on GH3
Quote by Victor Escobar
nope.You want proof look at GH4s setlist

Brian Aubert
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
J Mascis
Jonny Buckland
Lenny Kravitz
Isaac Brock
John Squire
Adam Jones

Nope.

No talent there, at all.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I wasn't saying they weren't talented, at all.

My previous post seemed really ignorant.
Seems like lots more guitar sales in the last year, i think it makes kids want to shred....then they see how hard it is and throw the guitar in the closet. Some will go on to be masters as well.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 18, 2008,
Hmmm...I don't know. I think you'd have to ask the public. Oh wait, the pit is sort of like the public...

I think it's pretty cool, because bands that would otherwise be confined to the history books have gotten a new lease of life, as well as unsigned bands getting their music heard. As for encouraging people to play guitar, I'm not sure. We'll have to wait a few years, and ask the next version of Jimmy Page if it was guitar hero he learnt to play on
No, the general public has a new found interest in pushing plastic color coded buttons. Fine by me, that leaves more room in this world for those of us that can actually play a real instrument.
Quote by BGSM

poor satriani sold his soul to the devil for gh world tour
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
Quote by fallenangel20
Brian Aubert
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
J Mascis
Jonny Buckland
Lenny Kravitz
Isaac Brock
John Squire
Adam Jones

Nope.

No talent there, at all.

Silversun Pickups? Dinosaur Jr.? Modest Mouse? Tool?!

Must. buy. now.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Probably not. Most people playing GH look at it as fun, not as a reason to change their outlook on music.
It depends on the player, they might like Van Halen and Michael Jackson but not Metallica or Joe Satriani.
lol I was browsing facebook and came across pictures of this guy who I 'met' through a group, and he was holding the cases for his guitar hero games, and giving like horns and shit

it was so lame.
signatures are budget.
Quote by BGSM

too bad steve vai's a douche why listen to steve vai when you could easily be listning to buckethead
Quote by SillyRabbit
too bad steve vai's a douche why listen to steve vai when you could easily be listning to buckethead

I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.
hue
Quote by dubstar92
ummm I actually started guitar because of GH...

*uses rainy day to weaken flame attacks*

*grabs axe* aaaaaagggghhhh!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by sock_demon
I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

well ill say it again so you can hear, STEVE VAI IS A DOUCHE BAG. Happy?
Quote by SillyRabbit

nice...

i havent actually heard much steve vai so i cant comment

*puts up epic guitarist anti-flame shield*
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Silversun Pickups? Dinosaur Jr.? Modest Mouse? Tool?!

Must. buy. now.

For sure.

When I get my 360, it'll be the 3rd or 4th game I buy.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by SillyRabbit

It's okay, we all know you heard Buckethead on Guitar Hero.
Quote by Orbit91

If I'm being honest, that's where I first heard buckethead... although after buying electric tears and Enter the Chicken, I'm hooked
Quote by SillyRabbit

It's easy to hate something you can't understand.
hue
Quote by Moose_Avenger
uhhh, you can purchase a steve vai song on guitar hero. i believe it's for the love of god.

Also, the Halo 2 Theme is by Steve Vai.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by sock_demon
It's easy to hate something you can't understand.

This could be said about guitar hero or anything in life.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Orbit91

There's nothing wrong with hearing about an artist through GH. It has actually caused me to look up and get into many more artists than i would have done if I never played the game. I hope you aren't one of the elitist pricks who thinks you are better because you knew about Buckethead when he was lesser known.
-

Quote by BGSM

you know what I hate?
guitarists who think a guitarist isnt great unless he can play a billion nps.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Aléx
There's nothing wrong with hearing about an artist through GH. It has actually caused me to look up and get into many more artists than i would have done if I never played the game. I hope you aren't one of the elitist pricks who thinks you are better because you knew about Buckethead when he was lesser known.

+1

I like In Flames and Killswitch now because of GH:3
hue
Quote by Lethal Dosage
With some people i would say yes they actually get into actually learning about the instrument and all the great players but I hate the people that think theyre fans of GNR just because they know SCOM or Welcome to the Jungle, thats the only dumb part I think.

i know. i hate them almost as much as real GNR fans.
#DTWD
Quote by Lethal Dosage

To be fair, there were a lot of fans who only knew SCOM and WTTJ before Guitar Hero.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Page 1 of 2