not saying it's not,because i've had some fun times on the juice(alky),but what is the rational behind saying that it's better?and in what way?i love both,i just wanna hear arguments.
i always hated smoking becasue id get stuck sitting staring at the wall for 5 hours... whereas if i was drunk i could freely roam.
Well for starters no cirrhosis of the liver. You can't become physically dependent on marijuana. What else...only real advantage I think alcohol has is the duration, but weed is much more pleasurable while you're high.
the toxins in alcohol are more harmful to your body than the toxins in marijuana.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I find the feeling of being stoned much more pleasurable than that of being drunk, plus no hangovers.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
you cant die from smoking too much weed at one time, like you can for alcohol
i like alcohol better weed did absolutely nothing to me
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
They're both really, REALLY disappointing in my experience... I don't really understand the hype. If I want to do something enjoyable involving drugs I'd much rather turn to hallucinogens or something actually entertaining. Better yet, I'd much prefer to be sober and enjoy the company of friends or look at the stars at night, able to more clearly contemplate in things, which is fun for me. I dunno. Everyone has different experiences with various things in life, to answer your question.
I'm not going to say weed is better than alcohol, but I can say that it's easier to get high every day than to get drunk every day.
Well here's the way I see it. Alcohol is worse physically, because of the liver damage, nausea, etc. And marijuana is worse mentally due to memory loss, etc. Plus I'm an active person so I don't necessarily enjoy the effects it has on my lungs. This stuff is just my opinion though. I also have more fun drinking because I like going around doing dumb stuff with my friends, and drunk sex is pretty fun too, and I never get hangovers the next day no matter how much I drink. I can drink 1 beer or 18 beers or an entire bottle of liquor and not get a hangover, I either wake up fine or still drunk haha.

Basically everyone is going to have their own opinion, I think it really suits your personality, if you are more of a get up and go type of person and don't really like sitting around for hours doing nothing then you are probably going to enjoy alcohol more, and vice versa.
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)
  • Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony w/ gold hardware)
  • Mesa Triple Rectifier Head
  • Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Traditional Cab
  • Too many pedals to list...

Last edited by guitarisrockin at Nov 18, 2008,
Well. It doesn't kill you, or cause you to kill other people with your car, it doesn't make you vomit, it doesn't make you sick the next day, it doesn't destroy your liver, it's not a depressant, being high is better than being low, it's not addictive, it makes you find pleasure in simple things, it relaxes you...I dunno, want me to keep going?
You're*
because I can get a 4.0 going to school high everyday, but can't accomplish that drunk.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I was talking to my girlfriend's dad the other day about this. And he's been around the block with both alcohol and mary jane, and other stuff. And he says marijuana is better because you can only get "so high". Where-as with alcohol, if you keep drinking, you do stupid **** like kill people or hurt people, or yourself. Usually when high, you still have control over your body/mind to an extent. With alcohol, it can be lost.
I always loved alcohol for the numb feeling.

That's why marijuana is better.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Jonjy2
I was talking to my girlfriend's dad the other day about this. And he's been around the block with both alcohol and mary jane, and other stuff. And he says marijuana is better because you can only get "so high". Where-as with alcohol, if you keep drinking, you do stupid **** like kill people or hurt people, or yourself. Usually when high, you still have control over your body/mind to an extent. With alcohol, it can be lost.

I think most people will only go to a certain extent doing dumb stuff when they are hammered, it just depends on the person's self control and how well they control their emotions.
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)
  • Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony w/ gold hardware)
  • Mesa Triple Rectifier Head
  • Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Traditional Cab
  • Too many pedals to list...

Quote by guitarisrockin
I think most people will only go to a certain extent doing dumb stuff when they are hammered, it just depends on the person's self control and how well they control their emotions.

and alcohol severely hampers ones ability to do both of these things.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by guitarisrockin

Right, and it's not like alcohol inhibits these two things.
You're*
I see it this way. In a social situation it's better to be drinking because you won't really zone out as much as if you're high. Smoking is better in a smaller group. Get it right with either and you'll have a great time.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Marijuana is a lot more calming, and it's a LOT less harmful to your body and mental health.

Mental health...eh. Ever since i started smoking, my memory went down the drain lol. I usually just remember **** like a day after it happens.
Quote by Patty-cakez
Mental health...eh. Ever since i started smoking, my memory went down the drain lol. I usually just remember **** like a day after it happens.

Hahaha, just comparing that to how getting wasted could make a person forget an entire night, though.
I used to think this was the case...

Recently, I've quit smoking because it just is not fun anymore. I've even cut back a lot on the drinking and overall, between the two, have been happier with improved memory.

I guess that's what you call maturity.
mmmk.
Quote by dubstar92
because I can get a 4.0 going to school high everyday, but can't accomplish that drunk.

yup
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
well someone said marijuana is better because its not addicting... but alcohol technically isn't either... and marijuana will cause just as much damage to your lungs as alcohol will to your liver, provided you use both responsibly.

If you want to have fun with friends n go crazy, alcohol is the way to go.
If you want to relax and chill then marijuana is the way to go.
Quote by Bobsam3
yup

I assume you and the previous quoted user are still in high school...

Good luck continuing that in college if you pursue any somewhat challenging degree.
mmmk.
Quote by myth545
why do people say marijuana is better than alcohol?
ask in the ONLY drug thread.

*reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Have you ever seen a drunk chick? Most of the time they either throw up everywhere, keep falling down, keep apologizing, or won't shut the hell up. I much prefer the conversation with a high chick.

Also, if you are a female and don't act like this, then congrats on being an exception and possibly a fun person to hang out with.
whaat? marijuana doesnt make you fellas wanna go out and do stuff? damn, you're missing out. I like marijuana better because it just makes everything so much better. seriously, you need to experience the incredible fun of going to something like lazer tag super baked hahaha. food always tastes like heaven too. movies too, especially comedies and action, are much better to go to baked then drunk. ohh and snowboarding baked is feckin heaven so long as you dont get toooo high so you have your senses. but yeah, alky is better for parties but over all I think the ganja is king.
Why I personally prefer weed

1) Its generally cheaper
2) It can be used in a wider range of situations
3) Its effects are more enjoyable (this one is entirely personal opinion)
4) No hangovers, ever. In fact, you'll feel better the next day from being residually high
5) I find smoking, in general, to be a fun process. Especially compared to the unenjoyable taste of alcohol.
6) Weed wont make you black out, or start doing stupid **** you wouldnt normally do.

Love em both, but weed is vastly preferable IMO. That said, I am currently taking a break from weed, as some of its negative effects were starting to catch up to me. Which is actually another reason I love weed. I smoked almost every day for 2-3 months straight, and multiple times a day for the past couple weeks. Yet I cut myself off completely, with no problem at all.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)