kk i'm trying to learn the intro to heroes of sand by Angra, it has 8 finger tapping..
its a beautiful peice of music, and it's my first time attempting to tap with 8 fingers, but i dont really understand it,
example :
L R L R
e ----------------------------------------17---------|
B --------8--------12------------------15------------|
G -----------------------------11---14---------------|
D ------9--------12----------------------------------|
A ----7---------------------12-----------------------|
E --0--------------------10--------------------------|

for this part would i hole barre down the 7th fret, and then the tenth or what???!?
No barring at all as far as I can see. I would play that like this:

e|--------------------------------17-
b|-------8-----12--------------15----
g|-----------------------11-14-------
d|-----9----12-----------------------
a|---7----------------12-------------
e|-0---------------10----------------
-----1-3-2--A--B---1--3--2--A--B--D--

I've used 1-4 for the fretting hand and A-D for the picking hand (because I can't remember the PIMA notation for the pinky) and I'd pluck the open E with your picking hand thumb. The high A will take the most practice by a long way, the pinky on your picking hand hardly ever gets used.

If you want to keep hold of your pick it's also possible to replace the As with Bs and the Bs with Cs but that would take more practice wo be able to do IMHO.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by TheShred201
P believe I've seen the pinky as O and C before....

I'm pretty sure it's C in all the places I've seen it used but I wasn't sure enough to atcually write that just in case someone called me on it
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
lol old thread .....i cant see how this is 8 finger tapping? your only using 6 fingers.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by Rocketface2112
lol old thread .....i cant see how this is 8 finger tapping? your only using 6 fingers.
8 finger tapping doesn't have to mean you're using 8 fingers. I'd classify anything where you're using more than one right hand finger to tap as 8 finger technique. That's just me, though.

Nice bump, btw.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
How fast does this piece go? Is is supposed to be a quick lick, a shred, or a slow nice beautiful piece? Sounds like its the slow kind.
This.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Last edited by ramm_ty at Jan 18, 2009,