Well, this is me trying to make something with lots of transitions and stuff. I know the riffs are simple, but I wanted something that I could play xP
Attachments:
Army Of Termites.zip
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
The end isn't really 'finished', is it?
The rest is pretty good
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
LOL no. The phrasing on the end solo sucks, I couldn't really put what was in my head into notes very well, and the song just.... stops. A lot of work to be done yet.
But thankyou.
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
Here it is... with a better ending. :]
Attachments:
Army Of Termites (Revised).zip
Quote by sheumack111

I fucking Lol'd
Quote by ExplorerFreak
You need to think about your note choices a little more.

Could I have a bit more detail there? Was it in a specific place or over the entire song?
Quote by sheumack111

I fucking Lol'd
Quote by rusty-knives
Could I have a bit more detail there? Was it in a specific place or over the entire song?

Yes, certainly. I'm sorry about how rude that sounded. I was in a hurry.

The entire Harmonic Minor segment just sounds disjointed and atonal.

The end sweeps are awesome though.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Yes, certainly. I'm sorry about how rude that sounded. I was in a hurry.

The entire Harmonic Minor segment just sounds disjointed and atonal.

The end sweeps are awesome though.

Thanks a lot. I'll have to look over that and think of using a different scale for that segment. I was looking to try and write a dark neoclassical style lead for that part.
Any advice?
Thanks so much.
Quote by sheumack111

I fucking Lol'd
Quote by rusty-knives
Thanks a lot. I'll have to look over that and think of using a different scale for that segment. I was looking to try and write a dark neoclassical style lead for that part.
Any advice?
Thanks so much.

Don't think so much in a scale so much as occasionally jumping out of one.

Just start with a scale or mode you are comfortable with, and then occasionally, very sparingly, jump out of it where it is appropriate. To get the Harmonic Minor feel, sometimes throw in the sharped tone, such as where it would originally be G#, A, B, C#; where it is appropriate you can change it to G#, A, C, C#; the attention in the A-C interval. Use those intervals where you want a neoclassical or middle eastern feel.

Hope this helps.