http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOji7nXiNYU&feature=related

Not sure if this is the best place to put this. But i just want every person thinking of getting an MG to see this. Two solid players with good guitars, but MG Microstacks. This shows how important an amp is. By far some of the worst tone i have ever heard.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
My god that's horrible. It sounded like it was coming from an 80's video game!
(The tone, not the playing)
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!
worst tone ever haha yeah.

but the asian dude is steezy.

and they're really tight players. i've never listened to that band before though.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Yeah, I got suckered into an MG when I bought my first guitar. NEVER, EVER get one!!! I had a 30 watt MG and now I have a 15 watt fender tube amp that sounds so much better.
I know they are really solid players, but you can just see the look on their faces like "WHY ARE WE PLAYING THROUGH MG'S!".

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
I know they are really solid players, but you can just see the look on their faces like "WHY ARE WE PLAYING THROUGH MG'S!".

haha i reckon. I talked to Corey *right dude* and he said they are the worst amps he has played
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Is it just me or does the guy on the left have the worst case of "flying fingers" physically possible? How does he get any speed like that?
Why is everyone slagging off the MG? Sure it's unreliable, has lousy tone and is quite possible the biggest waste of money you can find in the guitar world, but hey! The overdrive is CRUSHING!
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Thats a perfect example to everyone trying to upgrade there guitar before there amp...
$4,000 guitar + MG= Sh!t Tone

Also that kills another myth that tone is in the fingers....
Solid Player + $4,000 Guitar + MG = Sh!t Tone
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Also that kills another myth that tone is in the fingers....
Solid Player + $4,000 Guitar + MG = Sh!t Tone

Well, not really...

**** Player + $4,000 Guitar + $3,000 tube amp = **** Tone, as well.
Well just so this isn't a complete flame thread.

I love MG's. I think they are the best amps you can get for the cash. I made a bar out of them in my basement. Stacked two high it's perfect with a plexi cream panel in front and some indirect lighting. I took the speakers out and installed strobe lights, very 80's club scene. Then I used the speakers and wheel chocks in the garage, bonus!
Do you know how much I saved by using all MG parts for everyday stuff?
Now I'm going to make a treehouse out of Spider III's.

I'll go to hell for this post, but hey - life's short.
Quote by gregs1020

I love MG's. I think they are the best amps you can get for the cash. I made a bar out of them in my basement. Stacked two high it's perfect with a plexi cream panel in front and some indirect lighting. I took the speakers out and installed strobe lights, very 80's club scene. Then I used the speakers and wheel chocks in the garage, bonus!

*sends to hell*

But wouldn't that be sweet? A bar made out of amps?
BTW, greg. You missed my new amp day while you were gone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by The Atomic Ass
Well, not really...

**** Player + $4,000 Guitar + $3,000 tube amp = **** Tone, as well.

I beg to differ... A great player can not make a MG sound like a Uberschall and a horrible player can not make a Uberschall sound like a MG. Tone is tone and playing is playing. Example i'm a horrible player but the best tone I have ever achieved is on a Uberschall. It actually made me sound alot better vs say me on an MG where you get horrible playing and horrible tone.

Now that said can a great player make a uberschall sound better then me, yes without a doubt and the same with an mg. But tone will always be limited by the amp. If it was all player then Eddie wouldnt have went through the trouble nor any other great guitarist to get there tone.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Nov 18, 2008,
Really didn't sound that terrible, get me playing thru an MG, now that would be awful
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I beg to differ... A great player can not make a MG sound like a Uberschall and a horrible player can not make a Uberschall sound like and MG. Tone is tone and playing is playing. Example i'm a horrible player but the best tone I have ever achieved is on a Uberschall. It actually made me sound alot better vs say me on an MG where you get horrible playing and horrible tone.

Now that said can a great player make a uberschall sound better then me, yes without a doubt and the same with an mg. But tone will always be limited by the amp. If it was all player then Eddie wouldnt have went through the trouble nor any other great guitarist to get there tone.

yea i agree. tone is tone but bad playing is bad playing.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by gregs1020
What? Another new amp for Wes? Whadja get? *runs to searchbar*.

Check my sig.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
you know what i think is worse than the tone?

pokeureye21 said this (in the comments)
anything 30 watts is going to be crappy -.-*
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Yeah, what was with all the comments on that video?

Obviously they haven't ever played an AC30, or an old champ.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, what was with all the comments on that video?

Obviously they haven't ever played an AC30, or an old champ.

yeah, and the guy who replied saying "half stacks + lots of pedals is the only way to get a good tone", and obviously thought that the brand name defines whether an amp is good or not..
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
yeah, and the guy who replied saying "half stacks + lots of pedals is the only way to get a good tone", and obviously thought that the brand name defines whether an amp is good or not..

lol i saw that, in the second page of comments i think there is a "SPIDER 3's ARE DA BEST" comment.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
That was pretty bad indeed. But I was surprised, that even though it sounded horrible, Heafy and Beaulieu still managed to get clarity out of it, and not to have it sound muddy and mushy as hell. It's definitely not all in the fingers, but I'm pretty confident that most people here couldn't play those riffs on these craptarded amps without having just a swamp of notes and noise.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, if this is what these amps sound like with world class players playing them, I don't want to imagine what this does for your average 16 year old beginner.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ
Quote by Blompcube

Yeah, I just read your replies. A shame YouTube puts them in random places except under the morons' statements.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Yeah, I just read your replies. A shame YouTube puts them in random places except under the morons' statements.

it just takes a while for it to shift into the right place (about 24 hours). I try to be nice in these comments, but i bet at least one of these morons come back saying "GTFO U NOOB I HAS B33N PLAYING GUTIAR SINCE B4 U WR BORN SO I NO MORE THEN U U ASS LOL" like this 46 year old MG100HDFX full stack owner did once and continued for about 2 months sending me abuse just because i said you get a better tone using the emulated line output direct into the PA for gigs... I was trying to help people who get power-amp distortion issues...
Rig Winter 2017:

I want to buy an MG100 head and throw a home made amp chassis in there
Quote by gregs1020

ahahahahha, well once i get my new head, you gave me some ideas for my mg lol ahaha, biggest waste of money i have ever wasted lol, and for a fifteen year old with no job thats a bbbbiiiiiig waste of money, o well, we all make mistakes,

but i honestly dont think the mg would hold up for a bar, it would probaly crumble from how crappily its made lol,