Ok my pc just froze up and I lost half of my research paper that's due in a few hours. Auto Recover didn't save it in time, saved my bibliography but not my actual paper. Anyone know of anything I can do? Help help help
Lolololololololololololol this is one of those things you find funny but you shouldn't. That sucks lol
IMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Just gotta finish typing it again then.

Otherwise I heard magnets against your hard drive usually help reverse the bytes and recover information....

don't do that please....

...or do it and tell us what happens >_>
Yeah, if it was't recovered by auto recover, you're going to have to rewrite it. Sorry.
Ibanez AS103BM
Ibanez ART400
Samick Acoustic
Something that will help prevent this... Crtl+S
Seriously... and also multiple saves if needed. You can also set the recovery time in the options. Make it like every 8 minutes or something.
Quote by Anonymous9001
Seriously... and also multiple saves if needed. You can also set the recovery time in the options. Make it like every 8 minutes or something.

yeah, exactly, I thought they taught that to people in grade school...
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that's what you get for not saving to a flash drive every 5 minutes.

+1 If its important enough you should be backing up your work all the time.

At uni we use lots of CAD programs, and were told to backup on multiple drives and then onto flash drives and then when we get home back them up there, kinda overkill but atleast you know you've recent copy somewhere. Its a really good habit to get into, ive lost flash drives and had my comp crash but ive always had a back up.
Quote by rossjohnson87
Seems legit, it's scanning as we speak...banking a lot this. You may become my favorite pit-monkey and get the "Oh ****, Thanks for Saving My Ass" Award.

I didn't notice at first, but it says you have to pay to activate the program in order to actually get it. Sorry bro.
Quote by Anonymous9001

This.

I have mine set to like 3 or 5 minutes because my computer restarts randomly, sometimes very frequently (stupid video card).
Quote by rossjohnson87
Died again. I'm completely and totally ****ed.

Sad thing is we've had the entire semester to work on this paper...

Well what're you waiting for. Better start typing that crap out man.
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by rossjohnson87
Died again. I'm completely and totally ****ed.

Sad thing is we've had the entire semester to work on this paper...

Ouch. That really sucks man, but it looks as though you're just going to have to bite the bullet and get writing. Good luck.
"now as we can see, this would not have happened if Ross had been using a Mac at the time"

god i hope you were using a Mac...
i suck but THATS OK!
Quote by breaknahabit
"now as we can see, this would not have happened if Ross had been using a Mac at the time"

god i hope you were using a Mac...

actually, I've lost way more data on macs due to crap like this than I ever have on Windows, I hope Apple fixed that at some point since I stopped using their stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
:-( My new MacBook Pro is supposed to get in in the next day or two. It was seriously the last hurrah for my PC. Just needed one final paper out of it.

Btw, typing as we speak. It's complete **** to what I had before, but it's something at least.
This has happened to me once. But I only had like 15 minutes to rewrite a 600 word story. I can't believe I didn't even save the file once... But I made it!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by Survivalism
The easiest way to avoid this situation:

Don't blame the computer for user stupidity.

That picture is clearly a Mac.

It is MEANT for people with user stupidity.
Quote by Avedas
That picture is clearly a Mac.

It is MEANT for people with user stupidity.

Target destroyed

yo.

I BELIEVE
dude download glary utilities from download.com it's got a file recovery feature and it's free.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .