So I've finally gotten rid of my POS Fender solid-state and bought a Crate V18... I'm looking to get a good OD for it... currently I'm using my Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal as a boost, but I find that it muddy's up the sound of the Crate... which has a massssive low-end.

Settings on my Crate:
Low- 9 o'clock
Mid- 4 o'clock
High- 4-5 o'clock

That seems to get a pretty good non-muddy tone out of it, but what would I need to look into for a good boost that won't muddy up the low-end? Thanks.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
How much? If money isn't a factor I'd say look at a Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor, if it is I'd suggest a Digitech Bad Monkey.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
budget... i'd go up to about 150, considering i got the amp for only 150... and of course willing to buy used
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Try bad monkey
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
if you have 150 get a fulltone ocd

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I like the bad monkey over some more expensive ones I tried out. Money wasn't an issue and I chose it. Although I have not tried all of these. I tried the vintage tube screamer, the regular one, and the maxon. The digitech appealed to me the best. It added a bit of pre gain and I liked the way it sounded. Has a gain knob on it that actually can add a good bit.
IIRC, the V18 has the same voicing of channel 2 on the V33, so I'd go with something that has a bass cut on it, like a Bad Monkey, or on the other end of the scale, the Catalinbread Silverkiss.
I'm partial to the Sparkle Drive from Voodoo Lab. It works as a blended clean boost and 808 clone, and is remarkably versatile. The Bad Monkey easily wins the "bang for the buck" award though.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
I'm partial to the Sparkle Drive from Voodoo Lab. It works as a blended clean boost and 808 clone, and is remarkably versatile. The Bad Monkey easily wins the "bang for the buck" award though.

I love my sparkle drive.

But my motto is to try as much as you can, then decide.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals