Hey!
I'm Thinking about buying a new guitar, and I really like the Randy Rhoads model by Jackson, and I want to spend about €400 on a new guitar, as it is not supposed to be my primary instrument. Does anyone have any idea if this thing is worth it's money?

thanks
i haven't tried them, but those low end jacksons are meant to be not that great. i doubt it's worth 400 euro, in other words, but i could be wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go for an RR3 if you can find one used (hopefully it's a recent one)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I don't want a floyd/edge trem, never use it and it makes tuning down really complicated. I mostly play rock, punk and metal. Any suggestions for guitars? I quite like a thin neck, i'm used to my ibanez RG2620E neck :P
i sent my js30rr back after playing it for about 3 days...it just sounded so..sterile.
the rr3 was a shed load better...
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Uhhh, regarding that JS30.... Yeah, I played one when I picked up my current guitar (In the sig), and Lets just say I made the right decision. My main gripe was some idiot designer put the Input jack on the lower horn, which, makes it pretty annoying to play sitting down (The shape itself wasnt bad at all.) Here's my suggestions.

Maybe a Used/New DK2T (400 Euros is about 800-ish USD I believe, Although, I know you guys get slottered by high prices)
Hardtail RG.

The only Non-Floyd Rhoads I can think of are the RR5 and RR1T that are currently in production, I do believe that they had a few more a while back (As in 90s), but dont hold me to it. Good luck.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

^ yeah, a hardtail rg might be cool, if he's already used to his ibanez rg.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And does anyone know something about the neck of a Epiphone LP Prophecy? Seems like a solid guitar, love the fact it's a 24fret
Ive played the js30rr before and i was considering it however if you want to try and sit down to play it ...good luck a really anoying jack point.
However if your only gonna play it standing up then go for it the neck is think pick ups are quiet angry some buzz though. Really light so standing up with is shouldnt be a problem at all.
If you are willing to pay that price for it go for it.
About the prophecy i belive it has the same or slighly slimer neck the epiphone lp.
So a faily thick neck but that not all ways a bad thing i love big necks as i have larger hands but a slimmer neck still works best for me.
I hope i have helped you decide and i wish you all the best on your decision
Stew.
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15