Can you do it? I'm playing through a Fender Superchamp XD amp. Can't seem to get the right sound. Does it take a double humbucker set up to get it?

Thanks
double humbucker? lol
yeah use a humbucker get closer to it than anything using a humbucker
metallica
Quote by Great Big
Can you do it? I'm playing through a Fender Superchamp XD amp. Can't seem to get the right sound. Does it take a double humbucker set up to get it?

Thanks

you can get it, pump up your treble and dont use heaps of gain on the amp...

buy a distortion pedal too...unless you've already got one.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by jacob_mick
double humbucker? lol
yeah use a humbucker get closer to it than anything using a humbucker

i think he means do you need 2 humbuckers like one in the neck as well :P

http://www.elevation-music.com/gianyosihupi.html i guess this could help a bit too
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
If you just use the humbucker, I see no reason why it can't be done.

Oh wait, your amp? Damn...it'll be a stretch.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
If you just use the humbucker, I see no reason why it can't be done.

Oh wait, your amp? Damn...it'll be a stretch.

you're kidding right? I'd imagine it'd get pretty close as long as he cranks it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You could pull it off decently with any cranked tube amp with a slight overdrive. The most important part is playing it loud.
yeh, You should put it on just the bridgepickup, I'd advise getting new strings if they're old, use not very much distortion, try a bit of reverb maybe if you have it in the amp, make sure it's EQ'd reasonably, with a bit of mid and treble, Turn the tone knob on the guitar to like, full treble.
def high treble but the main thing is to crank a tube amp....my telecaster can even get pretty close to acdc tones (its not really a classic full humbucker sound like guns n roses)
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"