Hi everyone!! Im thinking of buying my first guitar (well since i was 6) a Yamaha F310 Acoustic guitar.. as Ive been recommended it for a well priced beginners guitar,
Im just wondering would I be able to play the guitar, with a broken finger, not the whole finger is broke just the tip of the ring finger.. like i can bend it in half but not the end of it.. Im just wondering will this effect my guitar play.. and yes its on the left hand the hand which will press the right notes... Please tell me I can still play!!!
as long as it doesnt hurt i think you should be fine
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
not properly...seeing as it's an acoustic it'll be harder to fret a chord with that finger
yo.

I BELIEVE
most likely it will effect how you are playing so when it heals you may see that its easier for you to move your hand to form chords and to reach for notes. But you should still be able to play with it broken like that.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN FAPPAGE!!!

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
Django Reinhardt played like crazy with only his Index and Middle fingers.
You yes you can.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
if its an accoustic with metal strings itll be very hard and probably very painful
cause when you first start playing accoustic guitar you need to press really hard and its hard on your fingers
Quote by DirtyMakik
Django Reinhardt played like crazy with only his Index and Middle fingers.
You yes you can.

This. All you need to do is become Django Reinhardt.
my finger wont heal its been broke for 3 years, sum bitch kicked me in my finger lmao.. and it just broke the end ... i can tmove the end wat so ever... but it doesnt hurt to put pressure on it.... I just cant Bend the end if you get me...
Normaly a finger would be like this...
____
___..\ Ok so thas a finger for the side bent.. the *..* represent the joint bend.
\..\
/_/ <--- Finger nail.

thats the average finger but my fingers liek this...

_____
____..\ As you can see I only have 1 functional joint.. the bottom joint is not working..
\ \ lol... If u get me...
\ _\

I can play guitar hero lmao... and Im hoping it can still reach notes... it can bend a bit but not totally down itself.. likea normal finger....
sorry the diagrams of the finger looked much better when i wrote them but wheni pressed post.. they went all over the place.. ill take a picture.. but I think you all catch the drift... I can put full pressure on the end of my finger... I just cant bend the end of it .. normally u can bend ur finger twice if u get me.. half way down... then at the end.. i cantbend the end. So do you still think i can play accoustic.
And thanx for all the replies so quickly really apreciate it.
i did similar after trapping the tip of my dinger in a door, if it hurts to play i wouldn't reccomend it - it will probably slow you down a bit but shouldn't be too much of an issue
I have awesome hair
Quote by Zeppfreak170
i did similar after trapping the tip of my dinger in a door, if it hurts to play i wouldn't reccomend it - it will probably slow you down a bit but shouldn't be too much of an issue

Ok great.. Il have to try and see wont I.. work around it if possible... woo im exited lol.
Quote by extinkt
sorry the diagrams of the finger looked much better when i wrote them but wheni pressed post.. they went all over the place.. ill take a picture.. but I think you all catch the drift... I can put full pressure on the end of my finger... I just cant bend the end of it .. normally u can bend ur finger twice if u get me.. half way down... then at the end.. i cantbend the end. So do you still think i can play accoustic.
And thanx for all the replies so quickly really apreciate it.

You should still be able to play, all you have to do is get used to playing like that and it shouldn't hinder you at all.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by crackhutch
You should still be able to play, all you have to do is get used to playing like that and it shouldn't hinder you at all.

Awsome im really glad to hear, I was all exited about buying a guitar then i remembered my fingers broken... really made me sad lol..oh well ill buy it and hopefully find out!! Thanx alot guys.