Poll: Do you believe in revenge?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in revenge?
Yes
22 30%
No
7 10%
Yes, only in extremes
27 37%
No, but I would consider it if something VERY bad happened
17 23%
Voters: 73.
I was just thinking how many of us believe in exacting revenge upon those who have done wrongs to us in the past. I don't mean instant retaliation, I mean planned and thought out revenge against anyone who has bothered or inconvenienced you greatly in the past.

If you do believe in revenge, how far do you go? How much does it take for you to consider/enact it?

If you don't, is there a situation where you believe revenge IS necessary?

EDIT: Poll's up
Yes, if someone ****s you over, you **** them over twice as hard.

It says it in the bible, somewhere.

However revenge can be tricky.
If a girlfriend cheats on you, for example.
You can go after the guy instead of her. Because it will hurt her
so much more if you kidnap him in the middle of the night,
take him to an unknown location in the trunk of your car and
break his legs and make him dig his own grave.

Your girlfriend didn't cheat on you, did she man? :/

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Last edited by think11270 at Nov 18, 2008,
If you've ever screwed me over at all especially where my feelings are hurt and ive done crap for your benefit and you leave me on the side of the road to die (metaphorically) then yes i will royally screw you over
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
I suppose I'd probably have to wait for something extreme to happen first, but Karma always kicks them in the ass for me.
--------
I believe in carefully planned revenge, I'm plotting some right now actually and it will be sweet
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
i hate people who feel the need to get revenge over small shit.

Same here.
"But first...are you...experienced?"
Best to let karma do its job, that way you don't feel guilty and others don't see you as a bad person, while the other guy still gets ****ed nonetheless
Quote by Filip413
Best to let karma do its job, that way you don't feel guilty and others don't see you as a bad person, while the other guy still gets ****ed nonetheless

The greatest person I ever met got cancer, then died in a car crash, stomach ripped open.

I'm not inclined to believe in karma. I'm more inclined to do its job.
if its only once or only a few time's i don't care, but if someone is constantly getting to me over like 3mounths+ then i simply plan things out. For example when they turn and look at you run at them with a knife death growling then just as u get to them suddenly stop do a calm voice, put the knife away and talk to your freind just nearby. Weird things like that make people paranoid and make their life misery to be in constant fear. Just the other day some kid (he's been pissing me off for a while) he said "what'd u smoke today bogan?" i said "none of your business, what'd you smoke your boyfreinds ****?", he said "no, did you take your pills today?". I got up and picked up a chair and yelled at him "its time to ****en die" then charged at him and he ran away. Careful not to do this **** in front of people and never carry through the threats because you'll get charged with assault. Its great revenge if you don't get caught and they are guenuinely scared. Enjoy
It's one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes.

Something about how they say that the best revenge is living well. But how that doesn't really work in cases where your whole family is killed or something.

God I can't remember though.
I don't see the point in revenge- it doesn't reverse time, nor does it heal wounds, and it just means more people are hurt on their behalf.

It makes you just as bad as them too, and sometimes the revenge is worse than the crime.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
the preferred course of action is to make revenge unnecessary.
deal with things, right here, right now.
but in the event revenge is necessary ...
Quote by blackflag49
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
this. ^
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind..

Nah, just leaves a lot of one eyed people.

What you wanna do TS, is let him know you are going to have revenge on him.
Let him know you've asked a bunch of guys what to do, and you've got loads of ideas.

Tell him, it is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when... you just need time to decide exactly HOW to get him.

...if that goes well, you won't actually need to get him. He'll be busy sh*tting himself everytime he sees you, forever waiting for you to strike.
Revenge just makes the situation worse for everyone. Sure, you feel like you need it sometimes but it's healthier to work your problems out verbally. That said, it would be hypocritical to say that in some very extreme situations I wouldn't seek revenge.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by ealtdharkon
What you wanna do TS, is let him know you are going to have revenge on him.
Let him know you've asked a bunch of guys what to do, and you've got loads of ideas.

Tell him, it is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when... you just need time to decide exactly HOW to get him.

...if that goes well, you won't actually need to get him. He'll be busy sh*tting himself everytime he sees you, forever waiting for you to strike.
or quietly sabotaging your ass. and you'll never know it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well, I will go out of my way to kill someone who's killed me in a video game, and possibly teabag them if they've done something similar to me. But as that doesn't really count, I've never avenged myself upon anyone in real life.
And even if I did, I'd probably do it by stealth, like a Quaker.(e-cookie for anyone who gets that reference)