Hey guys.

I want to swap the crappy edgeIII tremolo with something better. Price is not an issue here, I'm just wondering what fits and what doesn't. Suggestions?
Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
The OFR & Gotoh 'were' direct replacements.

Edit:
Gotoh is far superiour to the OFR too.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I don't know what does fit, but I know from experience (I fitted a Gotoh to my RGR320EX after the crappy edge III broke) that the Gotoh doesn't quite fit. There's not a lot of routing needed, but you will need to make the overall length of the hole a few mm longer, as well as the length of the lowest edge (looking at the guitar as f you were playing it). It'll be worth it if you can get the work done, or do it yourself, but there will be some work to do to get the Gotoh to fit.
original floyd rose
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Edge Pro/Lo-Pro Edge.

Arguably one of the best trems ever made. Beleive me, they dwarf every other IBZ tremolo ever made. The Lo-Pro is only if you want super low action at the cost of loosing some trem range, otherwise Edge Pro is the way2go.
But will the Edge Pro and the Lo-pro fit right in without modifications?
Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
whats so bad about the edge III, anyway, your probably going to need to make a few mods unless your buying an edge III

If I was you, check out the ultimate floyd rose thread and if you decide to get a floyd everythings there for you to know
Quote by Dores
But will the Edge Pro and the Lo-pro fit right in without modifications?

Lo Pro wont. I think the Edge pro does, and i know an OFR will.
Quote by V.U.K
Edge Pro/Lo-Pro Edge.

Arguably one of the best trems ever made. Beleive me, they dwarf every other IBZ tremolo ever made. The Lo-Pro is only if you want super low action at the cost of loosing some trem range, otherwise Edge Pro is the way2go.

The Lo pro wont necessarily get lower action than the edge pro, they would be the same. It was the lowest profile Ibanez trem, until the edge pro came out.
Last edited by littlephil at Nov 19, 2008,
1: go to http://lawl.net/gtr/trems
2: Read.
3: ????
4: Profit!

Keep in mind that just because a tremolo fits into your guitar doesn't mean it will work for your guitar. A different bridge might affect the length of the scale, and prevent proper intonation. A different bridge might throw your action off and thus require neck shimming. Lastly, a different bridge (especially a non-Ibanez machine in an Ibanez guitar) will most likely have a different string radius, thanks to the ultra flat necks that Ibanez uses.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.