Im thinking about asking for a 30 watt line 6 spider. Anyone have one? Pros/cons? Is there anything better out there in the same price range? I play mostly hard rock and metal, on a Schecter omen 6, and hopefully soon a ibanez RG.
Quote by jordan17
Im thinking about asking for a 30 watt line 6 spider. Anyone have one? Pros/cons? Is there anything better out there in the same price range? I play mostly hard rock and metal, on a Schecter omen 6, and hopefully soon a ibanez RG.

Um...pretty much anything.

Look at the Vox Valvetrionix, Roland Cubes and Peavey Vypyrs if you want a modelling amp, for a decent affordable tube amp look at the Crate V series or Peavey Valveking.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
get a 15w peavey vypyr instead, 30w solid state is useless really, too loud for bedroom volumes imo and... well your not gonna be gigging with it.
I've Got a Line 6 Spider III 15watt and I LOVE IT ! Lots of variety in my opinion. I'd say go for it !
Gear :
Schecter Damien V-FR
Ibanez V70
Line 6 Spider III 15
Quote by Hanato
New BC Rich Guitar ?!
Why would you want a guitar that similtanously scratchs your arse, picks your nose and kills the guy next to you

Child Molester

|

|

|

|

V
For 200 dollars you can have a peavey envoy. 45 watts and has the power of a 75 watt. Really loud amp. The lead channel is awesome on it. And it's not a modeling amp so it sounds pretty organic for a solid state amp. No digital sounding stuff.
avoid the spider at all costs...i have the 15 watt one and i have to rape to get a half decent tone out of it.....ok cleans, ok crunch, metal sounds a bit too digital, insane reminds me of furball......all in all a pretty sucky amp
Yeah the spider sucks regardless but the low wattage ones are even worse. I had to use a line 6 150 watt head before. It was back when I only had one 5150 and it was my first tube amp. I sent it in for repairs and had to use a line 6 head until it got back. It sounded pretty good when it was turned down. But when I turned it up it wouldn't stay clear like my 5150. It was muddy is hell. Those small ones get extremely muddy and they all have that digital sound to it. The green channel on the metal sounds okay at best. The red channel which is supposed to be a rectifier sounds like mud. I don't miss using that thing at all. I actually didn't mind the clean channel though.
Quote by jrayz13
I've Got a Line 6 Spider III 15watt and I LOVE IT ! Lots of variety in my opinion. I'd say go for it !

My guess is that you haven't tried any other amp, or haven't heard any other amp than the Spider III. Therefore your comment useless in my oppinion.

Good day :Cheers:
Sweet.
Definately get a Vypyr. Those things are tone machines. It embarrasses the Spider in every way possible.
I also heard a new Vox VT series amp and it was very nice but NOT better than the Vypyr.
Quote by stephen_rettie
get a 15w peavey vypyr instead, 30w solid state is useless really, too loud for bedroom volumes imo and... well your not gonna be gigging with it.

The Vypyr 30 has more effects than the 15 and it has a 12 inch speaker which I think sounds better than the 8 inch in the 15. It's worth the extra money.
There's no reason to get a 30 watt Spyder imo. I have a 75 watt and its just too much. Its too damn loud for bedroom playing. I can keep up with a drummer but the tone kinda blows. This amp gets lost in the mix.

I enjoy playing it and it does have a some fx but if I could do it again I would've sprung for some smaller amps, some fx, and a stereo set up. I'm a big fan of the Peavey transtube amps, not their fx, but the amps are pretty sweet.
The big man hinks the vox ad30 vt is better, he also thinks the ibanez rg has a crappy edge III tremelo..............no that u asked tho
Quote by jordan17
I play mostly hard rock and metal, on a Schecter omen 6, and hopefully soon a ibanez RG.

And you want to play those through a $200 amp? A VK, eq, and od would do your tone a lot more justice than the RG will through the spider, vox, cube or vypyr.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'd get a bugera if I was going cheap tube amp. The valveking can't mess with it tone wise. It's also not as well built as higher end peaveys.
Alright, so ill look into some vox's and peavys. Right now i have a peavy blazer 158, i think 15 watt, and im not that happy about it. I can never get a really distortion sound out of it, using a digitech death metal pedal. Are there any other good distortion pedals, that have a lighter distortion( i play avenged sevenfold, seether, papa roach, three days grace etc.). Also, im not even really sure i need a new amp as of yet, im trying to get a band together and itll be a good 6 months before wed actually perform. What do you guys think is the most important gear for me to have right now? Ive got the Omen 6 as my main guitar, 2 pedals ( death metal, flanger) and the amp. Thats about it. So would a new guitar or new amp do the most for my tone?

Thanks for the suggestions so far
AMP for God's sake it's always the amp

Don't bother buying an RG until you get a new amp. And put any money you would have towards that to the amp instead.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by jordan17
Alright, so ill look into some vox's and peavys. Right now i have a peavy blazer 158, i think 15 watt, and im not that happy about it. I can never get a really distortion sound out of it, using a digitech death metal pedal. Are there any other good distortion pedals, that have a lighter distortion( i play avenged sevenfold, seether, papa roach, three days grace etc.). Also, im not even really sure i need a new amp as of yet, im trying to get a band together and itll be a good 6 months before wed actually perform. What do you guys think is the most important gear for me to have right now? Ive got the Omen 6 as my main guitar, 2 pedals ( death metal, flanger) and the amp. Thats about it. So would a new guitar or new amp do the most for my tone?

Thanks for the suggestions so far

A new amp.

Amp is about 70 percent of your tone, and amp distortion will sound better than a pedal most of the time. I'm talking of course of tube amp distortion. A powerful good sounding amp will be needed to be heard in a band situation.

Pour most of your cash into a good amp.
Crate v18 + an overdrive pedal
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel